Author Topic: !!! AD's GTI !!! New owner on here??  (Read 59419 times)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: AD's GTI
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2012, 16:47 »
Someone's been busy  :grin:

looking very good, need to get the other wheels back on asap they made the car!

I would colour code the lower part of the bumper too...

glad your changing the rear lights too

Haha doing the bumper was hugely time consuming and i wish i just paid someone to do it but its all good experience !

I was going to colour code the valance but where its textured i cant be arsed to smooth it all out im on eventually going to get a votex if i can find one but plans change and im still not convinced thats what i want

I dont know what rears i want all red or us spec  :undecided:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 April 2012, 16:49 »
Cheers mate its not perfect but its good attempt considering ive never spray something that sort of size before !

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #22 on: 30 April 2012, 22:18 »
Get some pics of the two tail lights in question
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Scott D

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2012, 01:46 »
looks a tidy boot install that, good bit of work

what rear lights are you going for?

2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2012, 07:20 »
Cheers buddy  :smiley:

Ive gone for us rears picked them up yesterday whilst at work they were from vw in poole for 120 plus 10 postage or something so i collected to avoid postage there are beautiful ! So much better in person than in pictures   :grin:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2012, 07:30 »
At the second my car currently is empty with the following removed
Recaros
Center consoles
Rear lights

The rears are out because ive got new ones....... Seats and consoles are out as the carpet is filthy and needs a proper good clean and so do the seats. I bassically want the car to feel new again inside for when i start driving it again.

Exterior wise il be ATTEMPTING the rear axle bushes and doing the top mounts bearings, arb bushes and droplinks and paying someone to do the front wishbone bushes

I also need some 225/215 40 18 tyres for the super sevens

And finally if the whether ever gets better i would like to spray the mirrors silver again and fix a couple of paint chips and 1 major 1 caused by a sharran badge ! If anyone has a decent condition center console for sale let me know :)

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 08 May 2012, 17:14 »
Its been a busy weekend !

Stripped the interior out last weekend as the car has no mot at the second so i thought i may aswell clean the mother out of it!

Friday i decided to buy these from vw for £120

Dirty !!!!

The saterday i woke up stupid early so i was on my phone looking for new scrappys and found 1 40 mins away with a bora so i phoned them and asked if it still had the armrest and vents in which they said yes so i was over the moon !! Ive been waiting to get the 2 for ages but didnt wanna pay scene tax on them ! So yeah got there looked in the bora and almost died !

The armrest was battered someone clearly wanted it but didnt know how to get it out and ruined it to say the least pass side vent was mint but the mechanism for the roller was broke so that was fine for now the drivers side was perfect and all working as should but the middle one ! Again some tw*t didnt know how to get it out and by the looks of it just prised the edges and snapped it so at that point i was gutted to say the least so i thought id have a mooch about see what else was there and i found 4 golfs in a line 1 had perfect seats in which i needed a headrest from although it dont match the rest its bettter than none so i took 2 with the intention of putting both in...... My center consoles had seen better days so i went and looked in a pristine 1.6 all that appeard wrong with it was a smashed windscreen the consoles were in extremely good condition but that wasnt the best bit it had an armrest !!!!!!!! Carefully removed it all cut the fook out my hands on the glass when i went to the man his words were

"youve been busy aint ya young man " at which point i was thinking im going to have to do some bargaining to get him down to £50 atleast he then mumbled to himself counting it all up and said " does £20 sound reasonable to you ?" i grinned and pulled £80 out my pocket was like yeah thats a fair price i suppose lol by most scrapyards prices that should have been

£10/20 for headrests

£10/20 for armrest

£5 for the vents

£20 for both consoles !!!!

I even found £2.10 in the car so it cost a grand total of £17.90 :D

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 May 2012, 17:18 »
When i got back i set to fixing the pass side vent to fully closed

I then cut up a headrest and retrimmed the armrest as it matched the door cards

The set out cleaning amd fitting everything

Hoovered and first clean with the carpet cleaner. I fitted the airvents i had now its like my astra van as that has 2 flush and 2 normal

Second clean

Cheeky one

Went inside and the cat was just chilling in his bed without a car in the world

This is what came out the carpet

Now today i done the seats and disgustingly the container wasnt much cleaner than the above from just 2 seats

Crappy iphone pictures dont do it justice but its easily the cleanest its been since new lol Ive also ordered some anni style mats and a cali scents air fresner :D

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: AD's GTI abit of ocd :D
« Reply #28 on: 08 May 2012, 18:58 »
Cracking work bud!

What vacuum cleaner is that? :smiley:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: AD's GTI abit of ocd :D
« Reply #29 on: 08 May 2012, 19:34 »
Cracking work bud!

What vacuum cleaner is that? :smiley:

Its the girlfriends mums carpet cleaner it sprays soapy water whilst scrubing with bristle things and hooverin up the water :D i was a bit scared doing it on the seats incase it snagged them but its all good shame i cant drive the bloody thing though !