Author Topic: The wait goes on!!!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
The wait goes on!!!
« on: 31 July 2009, 21:37 »
My car has been sat at Ebrem Germany waiting for the boat for a week now, All I keep being told by the dealer as that it is "waiting to be shipped".
Does anyone know how often these boats make the trip to the U.K?
Can't take much more of this waiting for the car.
It better be worth the wait!!  :angry:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: The wait goes on!!!
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2009, 21:54 »
My car has been sat at Ebrem Germany waiting for the boat for a week now, All I keep being told by the dealer as that it is "waiting to be shipped".
Does anyone know how often these boats make the trip to the U.K?
Can't take much more of this waiting for the car.
It better be worth the wait!!  :angry:

Did you see that mini series on Sky not that long ago ? Ross Kemp : In Search Of Pirates ? Maybe your car is......well........you now  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2009, 08:01 »
Despair not, for there is hope... thanks in main to VW's hopeless tracking/scheduling software. I went into my local dealer on Monday for thr umpteenth time to ask if there was any likelihood of the GTI arriing earlier than the Aug. 18 date they have been giving me for the past 3 months. I was told the latest update said Aug. 10 and then suddenly the car turned up at the dealer's yesterday, 2 weeks ahead of time.

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2009, 08:12 »
I had been waiting for 5 weeks now. This forum is going to help me thru the next couple of weeks.

Look on the bright side. The longer the wait, the newer your car. You can also put more miles on your trade-in. The deal just got better! :grin:

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2009, 08:59 »
It must be on the same boat as mine!!!!!  :laugh:

Offline 1400sfm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2009, 10:55 »
No trade in for me, opted out of the company car scheme with a new employer, having to share the wifes Fiat 500!!!!!!  At 6"1 and 16 stone its not an ideal way to travel in a 1200 cc baked bean can...... come on captain birdseye full steam ahead  I WANT MY CAR.