Author Topic: Quick question regarding HDR and taking the shots  (Read 4764 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: Quick question regarding HDR and taking the shots
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2009, 22:38 »
I need a better tripod for sure, mine wobbles a hell of a lot, not sturdy at all.

Could I try using a remote and manually choosing shutter times?

yeah that would be another way or you can cheat  :evil:

if you got your photo with a normal exposure, put it in photoshop, go to image> adjustments> exposure and then you can manually choose to over /under expose the photo  :wink: works just as well tbh and if your finding it tricky to get the shots its great hassle free way to do it

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2009, 22:40 »
Yeah Horney suggested the latter method too.

I read somewhere that it isn't as good as taking real individual shots.  But I guess that's just one persons opinion :P

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2009, 22:44 »
Yeah Horney suggested the latter method too.

I read somewhere that it isn't as good as taking real individual shots.  But I guess that's just one persons opinion :P
with taking the actual photos im sure you get a better feel for the highlights and shadows, which then reflect better in the end result, have you had a look in your camera manula see if there is any way to set it to take 3 photos?

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2009, 19:46 »
Here is the latest one of the Jag using some HDR

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2009, 20:38 »
HDR won't really work with a single shot tweaked as it works with the amount of additional data from differently exposed raw images. I mean it does to an extent but you will be working with 5mp of data instead of 15mp for example.
My Pentax will bracket 2 stops either way so that is ok, which sony do you have and can you not change the setting? as I am looking at Sony at the minute for my next camera.

Some shameless pimping!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2009, 20:41 »
I've the Sony A200.  It only has two possible fixed settings, -0.3, 0 and +0.3.  Or -0.7, 0 and -0.7.