Author Topic: 2nd service.  (Read 1887 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
2nd service.
« on: 17 November 2018, 11:19 »
Due to book a second service soon and was just wondering how long it takes as I know there's more to do on the second one. The first service I just waited and watched but should I take the offered courtesy car? I like to keep an eye on my car as a rule and see what they're doing when it's in, not sure I'd like leaving it.

Tell me your thoughts...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: 2nd service.
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2018, 13:26 »
I have just finally managed to take mine in for a second service.  The one thing I would say to watch out for is that your dealer does not decide to put a Cabin Refresher in the cars air vents and charge you £5 for the privilege of having your car smell like a sour mint odour.  My car was fine before I took in and then on driving home there was this weird foul minty odour eminating from the air vents.  Which I can confirm also lasts for weeks if not probably months worst case scenario....  Although I hope it doesn't as it can be nauseating.   :sick:

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2018, 13:28 »
In regard to the courtesy car.  I did take a courtesy car and they were done with the service within 2+ hours.  Much quicker than they suggested. I would say it depends if you are willing to wait after the service or come back on another occasion to have any advisories sorted such as Air Con Gas etc.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2018, 13:59 »
I've got my second service in a week's time and I'm just sitting and waiting. It's only an oil change and inspection and I've declined the free scratch sorry wash and vac and the air con refresh. Been told an hour tops.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2018, 19:08 »
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll just wait then and make sure I tell them I don't want the Cabin Refresher and the free scratch n vac...  :wink:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2018, 23:53 »
I always make sure they write on the job card "DO NOT WASH"

It pisses me off when they check the rear wiper on the health check as I never use it.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2018, 07:29 »
I ensured my car was wash sufficiently enough to remove all grit etc, on the outside of my car so my dealers 'scratch & vac' didn't damage the finish of my paint work if they decided to do it without my knowledge.  Also it will be a very good plan to insist you don't want a Cabin Refresher as it absolutely stinks.   

In regard to the time it takes, my dealer told me it would take longer for my 2nd Service as I had a Courtesy Car and as a rule they will take longer to do cars where the customer has a courtesy car.  So if you are in a rush and want your car back sooner don't get a courtesy car.   

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2018, 18:47 »
I took a laptop with me and waited, took about 2.5 hours including the wash I asked them not to do.

Offline Redalltrack

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2018, 22:52 »
Just had second service carried out. Live close to vw dealer so they picked my car up and returned it 1hr 20 mins later (unwashed as requested). Very efficient with no issues but think physiologically i would have felt better value for money if they had delayed in returning it for a bit longer!

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2018, 00:33 »
Right then, that's it. Decision made, I'm waiting and not having it washed or refreshed.

I'll take a laptop and watch what they do.

Cheers all...  :smiley: