Author Topic: 2nd Service, does anyone actually get the air con done?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Just booked my car in for it's 2nd service and was given the hard sell on the air con service. Politely declined saying it's working perfectly thanks to be met with ah but it's an air con service. The filter is changed as part of the 2nd service I believe (at least it used to be). Does anyone actually get the air con service done these days? Was also given the hard sell on a service plan too. Do people take that out as well or just pay for the service when needed?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: 2nd Service, does anyone actually get the air con done?
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2018, 18:43 »
My car is 4 years old and I have not had the Aircon done yet or the brake fluid. The aircon is still blowing icy cold air so no need and I can feel when the brakes need doing and have worked with cars for decades. Just a money maker for VW as both can be done much cheaper elsewhere anyway.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2018, 18:56 »
They must be on a hard sell campaign  :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2018, 21:16 »
I had mine done as they were doing a deal so it was only £20 or so pounds. I was sceptical but actually it was better afterwards. Not saying there's a need to have yours done but I think the performance can drop off so gradually that you don't notice. I also had my brake fluid done too. I'm an excellent customer :rolleyes: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2018, 22:24 »
I’ve just had my brake fluid done and my aircon done at 3 years.  First time I’ve had my aircon done on any of my Golfs, and would never get it done at 2 years, but am keeping the R until the mk8 shows up, so I thought I’d get it done as I’d noticed it wasn’t blowing right through one of vents. All good now, so glad I did it. Should see me through now.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline silver38

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2018, 23:58 »
Booth11, was the brake fluid change shown on a print out or hand written?

The reason i ask is, i've had two brake fluid changes in four years, both hand written, the dealers says the system doesn't print out brake fluid change.
MKVII GTD Manual - Pure White, 5Door, Adaptive chassis control, Advance telephone connection, Climate comfort windscreen, Discover Nav pro, High beam assist, Keyless entry, Sport and Sound pack, Park assist system with steering assist, Rear view camera, Rear side airbags with rear seatbelt warning, Winter pack, 5 Year Warranty

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2018, 00:13 »
Booth11, was the brake fluid change shown on a print out or hand written?

The reason i ask is, i've had two brake fluid changes in four years, both hand written, the dealers says the system doesn't print out brake fluid change.

I got a print out doc noting it alongside other stuff done.  Also marked as a pass on the health check docs,and marked in Service Book. 

« Last Edit: 13 October 2018, 00:25 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11