Author Topic: Leather vs Cloth Seats  (Read 16089 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Leather vs Cloth Seats
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2018, 16:02 »
Fabric every time, I had leather before, never again, it is boiling hot in the summer or freezing cold in the winter. Looks great but impractical for every day use.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2018, 16:08 »
Another vote to avoid leather - it ages too quickly and is very expensive. I would opt for Art Velours if buying new today...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2018, 00:30 »
Leather all day long for me, easy to clean and looks classy. Saying that I do love the standard tartan seats in the Golf.

I'd question how genuine the leather is on cars these days and because of that it certainly doesn't get boiling hot/freezing cold like it used to. Even in the red hot summer we've had I never once burnt myself.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2018, 08:09 »
Or, as I have done, have the best of both worlds with the Art Velour Interior. Nice and warm (and grippy) Alcantera where your body touches and leather (pleather) on the seat sides, back, door card, arm rest etc ?

« Last Edit: 28 August 2018, 08:11 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2018, 08:40 »
I specced leather on mine and then exported it to Cyprus for a year. Even there I never really had the seats so hot you couldn't sit on them - although I'll admit to them getting a little warm lol.

23000 miles in and the leather still looks in really good nick - minimal sagging (nothing a good steam won't cure) and loads easier to keep clean.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline DaBaws

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2018, 13:42 »
Or, as I have done, have the best of both worlds with the Art Velour Interior. Nice and warm (and grippy) Alcantera where your body touches and leather (pleather) on the seat sides, back, door card, arm rest etc ?

Looks really good, thanks for the pics. Any chance for a pic of the inside of the doors?

Also do those GTI mats come standard with the car?

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2018, 16:16 »
Art Velours looks so good. That said, the latest leather with the red perforations looks a lot better now as well. Don't think there is a bad interior. I have the tartan cloth and love it.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2018, 19:35 »
The more I see the Art Velours, the more I like them, even though I love my tartan seats.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2018, 22:17 »

Looks really good, thanks for the pics. Any chance for a pic of the inside of the doors?

Also do those GTI mats come standard with the car?

Here you go, just the back door, but the front is similar. Leather (pleather) to the vertical faces and armrests that are usually cloth. And No, the mats don't come with the car, these were just a cheap set I purchased.

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 30 August 2018, 17:44 »
Basically, it's down to wear and tear. Mine doesn't get a lot. c6K a year and up to 2 people on board. Notwithstanding last week in Cornwall with a 6 and 9-year-old kicking hell out of the backs of front seats and half a beach in the back :rolleyes: Interior restored today, exterior tomorrow.
Am happy with my cloth which is cozier than leather and more giving comfort wise.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.