Author Topic: ACC & Modes Explanation Please  (Read 5651 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: ACC & Modes Explanation Please
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2018, 20:55 »
Eco - dulls throttle response if you like your GTI to feel asthmatic and makes overtaking on the motorway a chore. Amazingly it makes bu@@er all difference to economy.
Normal - gives you a bit more go and some noise from the soundaktor. Still boring.
Sport - more noise (which can be annoying) and better throttle response.

Can't say I've ever noticed any difference with fuel economy between the three. I keep mine in normal as I like a bit of noise from the soundaktor but I also use a pedalbox to make the car feel the way I think it should in the right hand pedal department.

I've never tried the acc.

You say better throttle response but does Sport on Engine also hold the revs while changing gear?, because this is something I dont like, I have tried Normal and this seems better to me, even though I am mapped to 300 it seems to pick up better?!

MK7 GTi

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2018, 20:56 »
Acc- press the button on the steering wheel when you get to desired speed and it stays at that speed unless you press either of the other control buttons to add/decrease speed or the car in front slows down
Modes- they either hold a gear for longer/shorter times in the Rev range and change the map for better performance/MPG

But what does the picture of a car mean on the dash at the bottom?, also im sure the other day the misses had to stop hard and it went red on the display and might of auto braked for her?

MK7 GTi

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2018, 21:14 »
I haven’t got the standard dash I have AID on mine if you don’t have assist display there is a little car (and only while following another car)and when it reads the road lines they turn white,
Yeah the red display and the beep is front assist (there’s a separate thread on here just for that)  it’s trying to warn you that you may need to take over breaking, because it thinks you may not have seen danger ahead
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 21:16 by Vwjap »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2018, 09:08 »
But what does the picture of a car mean on the dash at the bottom?, also im sure the other day the misses had to stop hard and it went red on the display and might of auto braked for her?

The car picture (actually its two cars if you look carefully) means you are tailgating. Which often can lead to...

The big red X is pre-collision warning.

You get the X and a ping, then a split second later if you haven't reacted you get a dab of the brakes to wake you up... and if you still don't brake or accelerate or steer, max braking all round.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2018, 12:56 »
Eco - dulls throttle response if you like your GTI to feel asthmatic and makes overtaking on the motorway a chore. Amazingly it makes bu@@er all difference to economy.
Normal - gives you a bit more go and some noise from the soundaktor. Still boring.

Can't say I've ever noticed any difference with fuel economy between the three. I keep mine in normal as I like a bit of noise from the soundaktor but I also use a pedalbox to make the car feel the way I think it should in the right hand pedal department.

You say better throttle response but does Sport on Engine also hold the revs while changing gear?, because this is something I dont like, I have tried Normal and this seems better to me, even though I am mapped to 300 it seems to pick up better?!

Mine is a manual so I can't answer that as I assume you are referring to a DSG.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2018, 15:24 »

Yes I have the DSG and it holds the revs in sport mode.  If you activate it while in town you pretty much drive around everywhere in 2nd gear.  You can force it to change up with the paddles though.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2018, 15:26 »

No mines Manual

MK7 GTi

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2018, 15:51 »

No mines Manual

That sounds odd then, Sport tweaks the throttle response which is very noticeable on mine. It doesn't hold the revs at all, the foot is the controller there :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.