Author Topic: Well, the GTI is going :(  (Read 4285 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Well, the GTI is going :(
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2018, 06:44 »
Have you got CCTV cameras?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline cossiegaz82

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2018, 06:55 »
No mate but I'm looking into getting them fitted now.

One of the guys at our local Ford meet does alarms and cctv so I'll have a chat with him once he's back from holiday.

Offline Crockers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 03 August 2018, 10:01 »
A little off topic, but somewhat related. I was cycling at the weekend and came across a bunch of keys on the road, miles from anywhere. There was a Porsche and BWM key, a mortice lock key, what looked like a garage door key and one of those internet back access keypad things. When I got home I rang 101 to see if they would send someone round to collect them and take some details. They said they wouldn't do that, but I could make a 50 mile round trip to the station and drop them off if I wanted. They would be kept in a drawer, then if not claimed in 28 days, binned. If I wanted to keep them and someone reported them missing, they would put them in touch with me.

Now I don't no about you, but keys like that don't end up on the road in the middle of nowhere without good reason. The likeliest being they were stolen in a break in, but the cars not taken at the time. I'm sure that Porsche and BMW are able to extract owners data from the keys, so even tho' they shouldn't tell me who they belong to, the police ought to be able to find out easily. Someone, somewhere is missing these keys but the police don't seem to be bothered about trying to put 2 and 2 together.

that's just bad on the polices part, WTH!  gees....

Why not drop them into the relevant dealerships.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 03 August 2018, 13:41 »
Because BMW is a 50 mile round trip and Porsche, nearly 100.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.