Author Topic: No more non-PP (and hello!)?  (Read 15081 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
Re: No more non-PP (and hello!)?
« Reply #40 on: 24 May 2018, 07:23 »
Thanks for the link.  I did see another thread from UK dealer mentioning a week 31 change to MY19, but no details of the changes. 

Seems a bit weird that the dealers wouldn’t be on top of this.  Mine was unconcerned about putting in the order yesterday despite there clearly being a block on new orders for the standard GTI.

I’d take a free upgrade to the PP if needed though  :grin:
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2018, 09:45 »
Very curious to see how this one plays out, Col! Keep us informed :)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2018, 10:41 »
I honestly don't see the point of DCC,

It's a lot of money and the non DCC cars ride so well that I just see the point,

Unless you really feel the need for 19" wheels then OK, but aside from that I wouldnt bother.

2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #43 on: 24 May 2018, 10:51 »
I tried both DCC and non-DCC cars and noticed the difference. And a lot of 'on line' reviews recommend it. But it is individual taste - depends what you have driven before and are used to.

Interestingly, on line brokers are still quoting the standard GTI.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 24 May 2018, 11:32 »
The soundaktor noise is the same in both, essentially the GTi and pp GTi are exactly the same apart from the pp gets bigger brakes all round, has the LSD and 10bhp more. Everything else is exactly the same.

15bhp more and the new exhaust differences that we discussed in the other thread :wink:. The 245ps Performance has a throatier exhaust but no one seems to know why, it could be a different style cat since it doesn’t pop on gearshift anymore.
7.5 pp has slightly bigger bore of exhaust but not sure by how much or if it would make that much difference.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 24 May 2018, 11:35 »
I honestly don't see the point of DCC,

It's a lot of money and the non DCC cars ride so well that I just see the point,

Unless you really feel the need for 19" wheels then OK, but aside from that I wouldnt bother.
It just gives you options depending on how you feel. If you want a more sportier drive it stiffens the dampers, steering is heavier and throttle response is sharpened. If you want a more sedate drive then suck it in comfort mode. Might seem expensive to some but I think it's worth it and so do the majority of motor journalists if you look at all the write ups.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 24 May 2018, 11:55 »
yeah i appreciate that, but I find the non dcc is perfectly comfortable, but also fine for more spirited driving too :),

My one has been lowered and I still think its comfortable.
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 24 May 2018, 12:49 »
Just checked with a dealer - can now only order PP DSG. Looks like I will have to lower my expectations and go A3.... :angry:

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 24 May 2018, 13:19 »
The VW configurator still has GTI PP manual as available...
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #49 on: 24 May 2018, 13:27 »
Yeah it does, but I've been told you can't. I would maybe have taken a standard one with DSG but not the PP.