Author Topic: No more non-PP (and hello!)?  (Read 15217 times)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
Re: No more non-PP (and hello!)?
« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2018, 16:33 »
I personally think that it's better to spend that £1000 (+ the sale of the Parkers) on a set of lightweight alloy wheels.

That makes a bit difference imo..

Also the Eibach pro kit has definitely sharpened up it's handling...i really don't think you need that diff unless you are a proper boy racer :)

But of course it's all just our opinions..
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 23 May 2018, 16:34 »
Thanks for the replies - sorry, was having a moan...... Insurance/fuel I can live with. I'd be buying a GTD if I was that bothered.

'7 speed'? I'd be after a manual so I assume same 6 speed box?

Noise was/would be a concern - if its the same as the standard car then would be ok.

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2018, 16:36 »
Tbh...i wouldn't worry too much about it...if it's a good deal then go for it...both versions are truly awesome...
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2018, 21:05 »
You’d have thought that the members on here connected with VW would have known about a change like this??!  :rolleyes:

How do you think I knew? I don't work for VW.... I visit this really good forum though, I'll send you a link if you like...

Aren’t you a clever boy Fred. Didn’t see anything on here about the 230ps GTI being dropped from the range and I would have thought that would have been a hot topic since this is a GTI forum.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2018, 21:22 »
I appreciate the PP is a great car. Can the 'exhaust noise' that's piped into the cabin be turned off? Isn't the ride a bit trashier than the standard GTI?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2018, 21:27 »
It's exactly the same car so why would the ride be trashier? Yes the fake sound can be turned off or down if you choose but you'll need vcds or obd11.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2018, 21:28 »
You’d have thought that the members on here connected with VW would have known about a change like this??!  :rolleyes:

How do you think I knew? I don't work for VW.... I visit this really good forum though, I'll send you a link if you like...

Aren’t you a clever boy Fred. Didn’t see anything on here about the 230ps GTI being dropped from the range and I would have thought that would have been a hot topic since this is a GTI forum.
Very friendly response!

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2018, 21:56 »
Thanks mcmaddy (you can probably tell I'm new to the GTI world....). Is the fake sound the same in the PP as the standard car or is it ramped up a bit more?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2018, 22:05 »
The soundaktor noise is the same in both, essentially the GTi and pp GTi are exactly the same apart from the pp gets bigger brakes all round, has the LSD and 10bhp more. Everything else is exactly the same.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2018, 22:09 »
Cheers mcmaddy