Author Topic: 2003 1.8T Hatch not closing properly  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Kipplur

• Just got here
2003 1.8T Hatch not closing properly
« on: 16 February 2018, 18:22 »
I have recently purchased a completely stock 1.8t, and I have a problem with the hatch that I can't figure out. Most of time, after opening, it will not close properly. It just kinda bounces back and does not seat properly. When it does this, I have to close it and then try to lock it with the key, but normally that does not work so I have to mess with the lock on the hatch, and when it finally locks, there is still quite a bit of play on the hatch...but locked.

I think what is happening is, (I think) there is an auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after like 15 seconds of them being unlocked. So if I unlock my car, then open the hatch and leave it open for more than that locking time, it like breaks it self.

But then other times, ill open it, close it, and it is completely solid and will lock with the key.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this common? Thanks!  :angry:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: 2003 1.8T Hatch not closing properly
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2018, 22:52 »
Sounds like the door module doesn't register the door has been opened once it's unlocked. Do your interior lights come on when you open the drivers door?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175