Author Topic: Lease return question  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
Lease return question
« on: 16 February 2018, 01:03 »
I’ve done a search and can’t seem to find the answer!

Her GTD goes back in a couple of weeks. The car is pretty much immaculate.... apart from a kerbed alloy which I know we will have to pay for.

Now it’s going to cost £100 or so for a refurb. Has anyone returned a lease car with a kerbed alloys and if so how much have you been charged? Just trying to decide to gamble and hope I don’t get ripped off by vw or just through the hassle of getting it repaired prior to collection.

Thanks in advance

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Lease return question
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2018, 06:17 »
Think VWFS charge about £40+VAT IIRC.

The cars are inspected by BCA on behalf of VWFS and there is a scale of charges. You could always try ringing BCA and asking them.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 06:30 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2018, 14:29 »
Ask the lease company for an acceptible damages leaflet.
Mine have very detailed flyer of what is deemed normal wear and tear and what is chargeable.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2018, 14:35 »
Thanks for the posts

I’ve got one of those booklets which is why I know the alloy falls outside of the wear and tear  :cry:

The book doesn’t cover the costs that’s all. I will ring bca and get an idea of cost.

Thanks

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2018, 14:40 »
It’s been discussed on here before
and it’s always been cheaper to let them fix wheel damage. There is also the chance if you get the assessor
on a good day and ply him with coffee and nice biscuits that we may not even note the damage if the car is overall above standards.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2018, 15:15 »
Its cheaper because they won't actually fix it, its just the impact to the resale value...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Moots

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2018, 08:04 »
Vwfs are an absolute shambles to deal with, if there is any damage there’s no reasoning with them. BCA damaged my car after they’d picked it up and vwfs still tried to bill me for the damage, they refused to deal with BCA even though they’d appointed them to inspect the vehicle as they’re a third party and basically just left me to suffer. I ended up kicking off with the dealership I bought the car from and they covered the cost.

Won’t be using vwfs again, which is a shame as I love my GTI and typically use pcp deals for my cars.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2018, 08:29 »
Bca damaged it after they took it away? Surely they left you with a copy of the paperwork that you both signed?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 February 2018, 09:40 »
There should have been a signed condition report before the car left you and I also would have photographed all angles of the car as there are plenty of stories of cars damaged by collection drivers. Even stories of guys collecting cars and driving them for the weekend putting on plenty of miles.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2018, 12:54 »
Vwfs are an absolute shambles to deal with, if there is any damage there’s no reasoning with them. BCA damaged my car after they’d picked it up and vwfs still tried to bill me for the damage, they refused to deal with BCA even though they’d appointed them to inspect the vehicle as they’re a third party and basically just left me to suffer. I ended up kicking off with the dealership I bought the car from and they covered the cost.

Won’t be using vwfs again, which is a shame as I love my GTI and typically use pcp deals for my cars.

Sorry to hear your unfortunate story. Based on what you've said though it would seem that's every bit BCA's fault as much as it is VWFS. It may not be much consolation, but what you've experienced is not the norm. Mine was inspected 9 days before collection and I was given a copy of the inspection report showing all items of note, and the condition of the bodywork, wheels and interior was also recorded on video by the inspector on his tablet computer. In the event of a dispute, you can ask for this footage to be taken into account. If you do not agree with what the inspector has noted on their report then you are entitled to refuse to sign, and a dispute is lodged with VWFS which can take up to 8 weeks to resolve.

It's always worth noting that as there is usually a gap of several days between the inspection and collection, there is still scope for things to go wrong. In which case, as others have said, you should always take photographs of your car on the date of collection to protect yourself from any funny business.

I have lodged a dispute with VWFS myself, and am happy with the outcome, after i was charged for bodywork damage that was the result of what they deemed an unsatisfactory repair. I objected on the grounds that as the repair was by an approved VW bodyshop then any costs should be recovered from them rather than me. They agreed and cancelled all the charges.
7.5 GTD