Author Topic: Sunrise at the beach  (Read 10016 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Sunrise at the beach
« on: 14 January 2014, 10:28 »

Offline DubFan

• I live here
Re: Sunrise at the beach
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2014, 11:45 »
Nice work.
Did you use an ND filter or were you able to get the longer exposure without?

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2014, 13:12 »
All I used was an ND grad for the sky, the light was low enough to allow a longish shutter speed to capture the movement.

kingzam

« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2014, 13:23 »
That's a pretty nice picture man (I know I'm a bit late lol)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2014, 20:58 »
That's a pretty nice picture man (I know I'm a bit late lol)

+1 :smiley:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2014, 21:17 »
Nice work.
Been a while since on here, but 0.4 is hardly a long exposure.  Simple to keep it tight at sunrise at that exposure

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2014, 10:57 »
Nice work.
Been a while since on here, but 0.4 is hardly a long exposure.  Simple to keep it tight at sunrise at that exposure
I said "longer exposure", not long exposure, but it's longer than you can hand hold a shot.
It's a good exposure because it's got the blurred water at the bottom of the frame but there's still enough definition in the sea for it to show waves rather than just smooth water.

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2014, 14:42 »
Nice work.
I said "longer exposure", not long exposure, but it's longer than you can hand hold a shot.
It's a good exposure because it's got the blurred water at the bottom of the frame but there's still enough definition in the sea for it to show waves rather than just smooth water.
Fair enough just my mis-reading. My point was more around the fact its easy-ish to keep the shot balanced at that time of day without an ND.  ND and the exposure would have been at least 1-2 seconds i would of thought.  Nice shot still mind :afro:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi