Author Topic: Broke my DSG box  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Broke my DSG box
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2012, 22:29 »
Wish mine was this simple
Did something similar happen to yours?
Do you think its it's the extra power and force on the gearbox?

Read chunks own DSG thread and all will be explained...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 August 2012, 17:01 »
Out of interest you guys that are having dsg problems, do you use the paddle shift a lot?

My sisters other half who used to work at Audi said most people who drive hard predominately using the paddle shift will run into problems. He reckons their not designed for constant use. One of their customers who only used paddle shift got through two gear boxes in under 30k.

I've driven my Ed30 for 4 years on paddles exclusively, tuned and zero issues with its god given Mech's unit still fitted lol

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 13 August 2012, 17:56 »
Out of interest you guys that are having dsg problems, do you use the paddle shift a lot?

My sisters other half who used to work at Audi said most people who drive hard predominately using the paddle shift will run into problems. He reckons their not designed for constant use. One of their customers who only used paddle shift got through two gear boxes in under 30k.

I've driven my Ed30 for 4 years on paddles exclusively, tuned and zero issues with its god given Mech's unit still fitted lol

+1, use the paddles all the time and on my 4th DSG equipped car with no issues to date.  :smiley:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #23 on: 13 August 2012, 19:02 »
I use my padles once in a blue moon - I'm a stick it in D man as S seems to hold the gears too long for my soot chucker  :wink:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 13 August 2012, 19:25 »
Interesting there seems to be a alot on here about the DSG. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/golf-vi-2009/?section=bad
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
« Reply #25 on: 13 August 2012, 21:38 »
Ive re-installed my remap now I have the new gearbox and in sport it reaches 6500 rpms in the red and rev limiter kicks in and drops power :shocked:
It worked fine before and im sure it shifted up gears arround 6000 rpms  :huh:
Faulty map? ECU update because of new box and now wrong map? Any ideas guys

DSG, 18", P/A+cam, Winter/P, Lux/P, Dynaudio, FTI, Bi-Xenons

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 13 August 2012, 22:11 »
Could it be they've uploaded a software update that your previous remap wasn't designed for?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂