Author Topic: Recommend me a new wash mitt...  (Read 11576 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Recommend me a new wash mitt...
« Reply #50 on: 24 March 2015, 23:09 »
It's the polyamide and polyester mix that classifys microfibre, without polyamide then it isn't strictly microfibre. the higher the polyamide content the better the microfibre.

Polyamide helps with the electrostatic characteristics of the cloth, which gives its dirt grabbing properties. By default this also makes the material super absorbent which is why it's used for drying towels etc.

I like MF products but when we did all of our testing, and also used the much more advance R&D workshops of some of the factories the lambs wool out performed MF mitts, but as with all detailing accessories it just sometimes comes down to personal preference.

Other features to consider are longevity, shape, water holding capacity. Personally I've found the wool mitts to last longer, keep their shape better and also hold the water better giving a better allround performance.

Not sure if this helps but hopefully you'll see that some thought has gone into the developement and also the packaging.  :grin:

Interesting read Neil  :smiley: 

Horses for courses really.  For me microfibre comes into it's own for drying and buffing, and lambswool for washing. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Re: Recommend me a new wash mitt...
« Reply #51 on: 25 March 2015, 06:36 »
Yeah totally, when you start to look at how many different, lengths, weaves and composition there are with MF its mind blowing!