Author Topic: My DAS-6 Pro Before/After Shots  (Read 8927 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
My DAS-6 Pro Before/After Shots
« on: 02 May 2010, 00:37 »
Was using the DAS-6 Pro for the first time today and bear in mind its the first time I've ever used a machine with no training at all.

Firstly we (brother in law and I) went to a scrap yard and got a bonnet.

You can see after a clean up just how badly damaged it is, there is absoultely tonnes of scrapes and scratches all over it. I apologise for the piss poor picture quality its with my iPhone, I must invest in a proper camera soon.

Left hand side is the repair with the DAS-6, Right hand side is the before - There is a few stone chips as you can see but we were dont have everything we need yet to attempt a practise repair on them so they will have to wait till another day.

After a lot of testing with various pads and polishes and once we got used to the DAS-6 and with more confidence built up, we then went to a real car. My nephews. Its black and is scratched to hell in places.

Again sorry for the pic quality....

Before (Lots of scratches)

After (You can see the scratches are completely gone, just the stone chips left to do)

We got to grips with the machine fairly fast and it was much easier practising with a test car part rather than jumping right in with a live car. The pictures really dont do it justice, we got a really good cut with a Hex pad (yellow) and the Menz 85RD 3.02 then finished with a Hex pad (red) and the Menz PO106FA.

« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 00:40 by VWKev »

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
Re: My DAS-6 Pro Before/After Shots
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2010, 09:21 »
Fantastic Work  :smiley:

You sound like a pro already  :laugh: 
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2010, 10:44 »
nice work Kev :wink: looks like you've got the idea mate :smiley:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2010, 11:17 »
nice work kev... good to see you working in 12x12 sets  :wink:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2010, 12:33 »
Thanks guys :)

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2010, 13:36 »
Well well well Kev i'm impressed, would like to see a picture of your Mk6 done is that the plan?  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2010, 16:24 »
Well well well Kev i'm impressed, would like to see a picture of your Mk6 done is that the plan?  :cool:

Thanks Steve, well, apart from a couple of scratches on my door, my car right now is in great condition overall I think, I cant see any stone chips or any swirls etc. So when I do attack it with the polisher it will only be for a lovely buff up and for that I'll use the Hex red pad (which I might add is amazing) and something like the 106FA. As I say, apart from the door I dont have any correcting or repairs to do.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2010, 19:32 »
I just cleaned mine up today, and top it up Super nat dodo, what made you buy a machine Kev?  :cool:

I am tempted to buy one??

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2010, 01:20 »
I just cleaned mine up today, and top it up Super nat dodo, what made you buy a machine Kev?  :cool:

I am tempted to buy one??

It was a 50/50 purchase with my brother in law. With only half the price to pay I thought it would be a good investment overall and would help in the long run. Also with his car and my nephews needing a bit of work including my own (door) nothing other than a machine would get the job done.

If you do buy one, I'd do what I did and get something from the scrappys to practice on.

Offline javalin

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2010, 10:26 »
>If you do buy one, I'd do what I did and get something from the scrappys to practice on.
Good advice and idea me thinks.
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.