Author Topic: Unmarked BMW trying to race me!?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
Re: Unmarked BMW trying to race me!?
« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2012, 09:13 »
those video cameras that sit on the dash look more and more appealing.

You'd think they would have enough to do like picking up tailgaters or half asleep polish lorry drivers.

Did you see any lights on the back parcel shelf or buried in the bumper?
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline detritus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2012, 09:43 »
Just because the first part of the reg number is the same doesn't necessarily mean that its the unmarked car your dad has seen in the petrol station.

Bear in mind 'unmarked' police cars aren’t exactly secret squirrel stuff; they have lights in the front bumper/grill, a camera under the rear view mirror and a host of lights, cameras, antennas on the rear parcel shelf. In short, they stick out like the proverbial dog's doodads, even at night.

Typical barry boy BMW 5 series probably.

Detritus.
GTD, 2011(61), DSG, 5dr, Candy White, 18" Charleston Shadows, RCD510, Parking Sensors Front & Rear, Cruise, Winter Pack, Luxuary Pack, Huge Grin!

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2012, 09:51 »
Just because the first part of the reg number is the same doesn't necessarily mean that its the unmarked car your dad has seen in the petrol station.

Bear in mind 'unmarked' police cars aren’t exactly secret squirrel stuff; they have lights in the front bumper/grill, a camera under the rear view mirror and a host of lights, cameras, antennas on the rear parcel shelf. In short, they stick out like the proverbial dog's doodads, even at night.

Detritus.

Wish I had your sharp spotting eyes last year when I cruised by one at 96 mph!  :rolleyes:

APR Stage 2+

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2012, 12:36 »
its when they cruise by you at that speed in a fully marked car....that you didn't spot in your mirror, without the lights on and signal for you to slow down before ...speeding up themselves...again with no lights!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 March 2012, 12:46 »

Detritus.

Wish I had your sharp spotting eyes last year when I cruised by one at 96 mph!  :rolleyes:

Likewise, me too at 100.31mph!

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2012, 13:23 »

Detritus.

Me too... a blue Scooby came zooming up behind me on a dual carriageway a few weeks ago. I'd overtaken it earlier at (ahem ahem) mph. There were no visible lights/antennas/cameras/etc.

Fortunately, I moved out the way and it ended up having a "race" with an Audi TT in front of me. A bit further down the road said TT was pulled over.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline Kamshaft

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2012, 14:25 »
It's not legal, but you try satnding in front of a majistrate and telling them that he was acting like a w@nker.