Author Topic: Getting insurance when having a claim in last 3 years  (Read 3383 times)

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
My insurance is due on the 28th October, I have been getting some good quotes from comparison websites but when I click to go to the insurer they won't insure me because of a claim I made in 2012.

The claim was having one of my alloy wheels stolen in May 2012, repairs included a new wheel, tyre and painting of wing, bumper and side skirt on an astra vxr

Who are people getting insurance quotes through?

My renewal has gone from £480 last year to £600 this year. I have 11 years protected no claims and this is the first time I have claimed in 12 years of driving. Grrrrr....... Help
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline skyinsurance

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Re: Getting insurance when having a claim in last 3 years
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2013, 15:16 »
Feel free to get in touch for a comparison, tel: 01707 642552

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2013, 18:04 »
I will but it will have to be Friday now. Cheers
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2013, 11:44 »
Just got my quote, amazing. Will be going with sky from my renewal.

Better quote, lower excess and mods declared :)

Happy man

Offline skyinsurance

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2013, 17:20 »
Great, thanks for giving us a try  :cool:

Ollie
Sky Insurance
tel: 01707 642552

Offline jenkstwingo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2013, 16:02 »
I might be trying sky then when mine is due for renewal. I had a similar problem to you jhunter. My car was damaged in a freak hail storm (not the usual british hail stones - these were REALLY the size of golf balls!) Anyway the total repair bill was over 6K on my 5 series - new roof and bonnet panels and repaired boot lid plus new windscreen!!! Obviously had to claim on my insurance and it goes down as my fault - which makes sense!! :tongue: Insurers were very reluctant to provide quotes and if they did I couldnt protect my 9 years no claims!!!