Author Topic: Where to buy vagcom  (Read 6777 times)

Offline andc1

• I live here
Where to buy vagcom
« on: 24 July 2014, 18:58 »
Hi all where do I get the full vag com diagnostic stuff from ans what do I need?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Where to buy vagcom
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2014, 19:47 »
i got mine direct from rosstech in the states about 6 years ago, its been worth every penny. At work we get them from a UK based company called Ilexa, still official stuff though.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2014, 21:27 »
Got mine from Gendan uk. Ordered at 16:30 one day got conformation email of order and was sent 10min later got it at 12 the following day. You'll need a windows based pc, laptop. The Ross tech website gives you the operating system it supports...xp..vista etc. It cost about £263 thats all in. You then fire up the laptop go to the website download VCDS software. You then follow the instruction that come with the cable, which are also available on the website Rosstech. Then plug into the car..me thinks then it registers a unique long number. This number plus the number on the dongle allows you to register on the Ross tech website for support.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2014, 21:41 »
Ok great , what about updates and stuff , is it a 1 off payment or a yearly subscribe job

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2014, 21:53 »
Ok great , what about updates and stuff , is it a 1 off payment or a yearly subscribe job

Lifetime support once you buy the cable

Picked mine up in a mega group buy a few years ago; paid £175 delivered for the HEX-CAN USB  :smug:

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2014, 22:54 »
Ok cool, for the rite money I might treat myself ;)

Offline brianpologti

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2014, 08:50 »
Think I might have to pick one up as my old laptop on xp (with eBay lead) has died off  :angry: