Author Topic: who's fault  (Read 1460 times)

Offline tg1

• I live here
who's fault
« on: 16 July 2011, 12:58 »
just jetwashing my bro's van off. and some laquer has blown off.  :shocked: :embarassed:
van was painted 3 months ago if not less.

didnt get too close, didnt linger over the spot.

so who's to blame? i'd say bodyshop as i'd expect them to work to a standard where you can jetwash the paint even if it is a van

any thoughts?

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Re: who's fault
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2011, 13:47 »
Bit of both, but I would deffinately see them about it. Should have fully cured a while ago so there should be no problem with that, but if it was me, I would have been a bit more careful for a while longer yet.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2011, 16:07 »
should have fully cured about 2 months ago so not your fault.. take it back to painters..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2011, 16:31 »
bodyshop, bet it was a cut corner job where they masked up parts, jet wash would have lifted where they masked to, seen this so many times with poor re sprays

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2011, 21:00 »
thought as much, i mean i was careful with it as it'd been sprayed, not within 3 foot of it, its only a bq gardenline jetwash so its not uber powerful or anything.

gonna go back and see what they say, but he had a cashcash job  :rolleyes:

you think a dentmaster type place will be able to do anything with it?

Felt so bad, as i've spent a lot of today pointing out crap bits, like spraying over tarspots.

but to be fair it was mainly welding and a quick tidy up he was after - it is a van.

4 hours one side and still there is tar - ran out of clay so tarspot remover and elbow grease now :rolleyes:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2011, 17:39 »
cant say without seeing it but you usually get what you pay for and same applies with mobile paint like dentmaster types..

do it once, do it right with stuff like paint.  and the cheap jobs usually mean stuff been masked up and not removed.. which always ends in tears

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2011, 18:44 »
yeah i did warn him it wouldn't be up to scratch excuse the pun  :laugh:

meh gives me some practice at sorting blemishes i wouldnt want to do on my own car  :grin:

the paint match is ok, its just i'm a bit annoyed at trying to detar some spots to find them laquered over ffs  :rolleyes:

oh well i know who i wont be getting any work done by