Author Topic: K-Jetronic Adjustment help  (Read 2810 times)

Offline bel_air

• Just got here
K-Jetronic Adjustment help
« on: 22 May 2014, 19:44 »
Hi, everyone!
   I am currently working on a golf 1 GTI with a K Jetronic fuel system.
   The car has been sitting for 3 years without running and Now  I am trying to make it run. I took apart the fuel distributor body apart and cleaned it, because it was full of rust and dirt. Also the system pressure regulator was stuck. I also changed the warm up regulator because this was also stuck and was holding Huge control pressure. After all this I managed to have aprox. 5 bar system pressure and 3.5 bar control pressure when the car is hot. It runs and idles ok. And when you increase the RPM it also runs ok. The only problem I am having now is on a snap throttle. During a snap throttle the control pressure stays at 3.5 bar and maybe slightly goes to 3.6 or 3.7 but is basically constant. The car sort of hesitates and misfires when you give it throttle suddenly. I was thinking if there is some kind of acceleration enrichment on the system. The warm up regulator doesn't have any vacuum attached to it, so no corrections there. Any ideas?

Offline chezz

• Not said much yet
Re: K-Jetronic Adjustment help
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2014, 13:46 »
That sounds like an air leak, caused by old brittle injector seals...eliminate the seals as a possible cause first.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: K-Jetronic Adjustment help
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2014, 08:50 »
Check the throttle switch near the throttle body see if its clicking and the wiring aswell!
Check the metering head flap that regulates the air flow spray some decent GT5 or throittle cleaner on the flap it should move up and down by itself slowly with out resistance. 
Get some quick start gas start spraying around manifold and injection areas to establish the air leaks last poster is correct injector seals and manifold ones go brittle also back of the head near the rear manifold! Vacum pipes ALSO!