Author Topic: Paint Quality  (Read 2163 times)

Offline MPFIEND

• Not said much yet
Paint Quality
« on: 21 April 2013, 10:29 »
Good Morning.

Is there any indication yet, that the MkVII has a more durable, hard wearing paint finish than the MkVI?

Best Regards

Keith

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Paint Quality
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2013, 17:07 »
I've found the paint on my MK6 very resilient. It is white and that probably helps. The one or two marks on it are barely visible against the white. One of the main reasons I'm going white again.
I have found the metal a bit too easily dinged though. I've had to get a couple of dings removed.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2013, 17:55 »
I can't imagine you'll find any official comment from VW, because if they do they immediately de-value their own product. However I guess they'll be plenty of personal opinion, mine has been ok but I'd say the paint on my Tornado Red mk5 was much better?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2013, 18:40 »
I agree. My tornado red mk 5 had minimal stone chips, whearas my mk 6 deep black pearl picked up chips almost from day 1. Softer, poorer quality paint....I'm hoping this has been addressed with the mk 7.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2013, 18:50 »
I'd like to see a tougher, more durable plastic on the interior. The plastic on my current GTD seems to scuff at the slightest touch, particularly on the bottom of the doors.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.