Author Topic: iPad Configurator App  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
iPad Configurator App
« on: 21 April 2013, 09:19 »
Has anybody downloaded and used it yet?

I'm just playing around with it and guess what, it still has the 'Colour Multifunction Display' as a £135 optional extra for GTI/GTD.

Reading through the GTI/GTD standard spec it lists; Multifunction Computer & Multifunction Computer with 3.5" TFT screen (but annoyingly it doesn't say if its colour or not).

There is also no mention of 'Sport ESP' which appeares on the desktop website explore section.

What are VW UK playing at?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: iPad Configurator App
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2013, 09:26 »
I've been using the app for a while now as i can't use the configurator on the website on my ipad or iphone, it's useful but not great, it's only for configuring so doesn't have all the extra tabs and links etc that the website has, it pretty much updates along with the website re specs though.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2013, 09:27 »
I've been playing around with the iPad app for a few weeks now, it's a good guide and easy to use but it's not the most up to date it appears in terms of details & options. Also it's not a patch on the A3 app nor the Merc A Class app (which is outstanding). It's not bad though as a time waster to get the anticipation going for the long wait until delivey day  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Jules Winfield

« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2013, 12:27 »
I've used it for a while.  It's quite useful, but it's awfully slow - it looks like it streams all the data from the web site every time you use it.  Even changing the angle of the car takes a couple of seconds whilst it loads the picture.  It's not hugely intuitive either - you can get a list of options, but they don't include the satellite navigation bits, which you choose separately.

And yes, it is very out-of-date - no carbon grey metallic paint, for example.  And sometimes it loads the wrong images where you pick your car, so you end up tapping the Passat when you want to configure an Up.

To be blunt, it looks like something they knocked up in a day or two.