Author Topic: 2014 model year changes  (Read 10072 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: 2014 model year changes
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2013, 15:25 »
What build week will this take effect from?

I just called my local VW to confirm, and these options go live from week 22.  If I want the heated screen, which turns out to be a rather expensive one, I can call on 27th May to have them added.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2013, 15:32 »

Optional advanced phone connection £310
Optional heated windscreen (must be ordered in conjunction with advanced phone connection) £285

Wow, effectively £595 for a heated windscreen!!!

That's a lot of Poundland de-icer!!

You could buy at least 15 years worth of the good stuff (VW) with that.

The Ford screens always have this 'haze' to look through, not nice on a sunny day.

Not for me.

VW say:

I am delighted to learn of your interest in Volkswagen and particularly in the legendary Golf. I can confirm that the technology used for the climate control windscreen is an electronically conductive layer powered by a 12V on board power supply.

It will provide perfect visibility at all times, which means no fogging and it will also clear ice. It is an invisible heating function and there are no wires, like the rear screen.

From http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5896272-Climate-Comfort-Windscreen
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2013, 16:25 »
be good if you could phone in a 'defrost' command from your phone whilst sat in the kitchen eating breaky.

Had this on a chevvy with remote start in the states, Brilliant!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2013, 19:37 »
The German dealer linked from that Vortex thread (http://www.michaelneuhaus.de/golf7/golf7-modelljahr.htm) lists a heated steering wheel as a mid-2013 option ("optional Lenkradheizung").  Now that would be a nice thing to have on a cold winter's morning!

The other mid-2013 onwards options listed for Germany are an optional blind-spot warning system ("optional Tote-Winkel-Warner") and optional progressive steering with variable ratio ("optionale Progressivlenkung (variable Übersetzung)").

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 23 April 2013, 12:42 »
If the premium phone brings a cradle then i think i'll give it a miss! :sad:

There was a time when having a phone in your car was something to show off about

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2013, 13:21 »
Haha, class!

I have an iPhone though, so I need to find out if this new "Advanced/Premium Phone Prep" also supports Bluetooth HFP as well as rSAP.  If my phone won't connect at all, there is no way I'm spending £310 extra on something that actually reduces functionality just to get a heated front screen!

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2013, 16:21 »
Been thinking more and more about this. To be honest, I don't think I'll bother even if it's available. One, I do not need /want the advanced phone thingy, and secondly, I have worries that if the windscreen gets chipped or damaged, then it's not just the front facing camera / light and rain sensor  I have to worry about being replaced / disturbed , but electrical connections to the windscreen itself which are presumably hidden behind the A pillar trims (and near the air bags). I think I would want the minimum dismantling of the car as possible if the screen has to be replaced.

Also, would the insurance companies catch on and put the premiums up, as I would assume these new climate windscreens are horrendously expensive ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2013, 16:27 »
Aye, the more I think about this, the more it just doesn't make financial sense.  I have no need, at all, for the advanced phone prep, and if anything, it will render my iPhone useless in the car if I'm to believe what people are saying about rSAP.

Regarding insurance, I'm not aware of companies including a clause if you own a Ford with one fitted.  My mate has a Focus and he said he wasn't told it will cost extra.  Having said that, he's never had to make a claim yet!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2013, 16:52 »
Just to let you know that you can use your iphone through the bluetooth whether it be the advance one or the standard fit one, the phone just won't allow access to the sim card so you can't read txts.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2013, 16:55 »
Just to let you know that you can use your iphone through the bluetooth whether it be the advance one or the standard fit one, the phone just won't allow access to the sim card so you can't read txts.

Well that's really good to know, thanks Jimble.  At least I wouldn't be losing out on the basic functionality then, and that's all I'm bothered about.  Don't care about SIM access and reading/composing texts while driving!