Author Topic: GTI Front & Rear Spoiler  (Read 2264 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
GTI Front & Rear Spoiler
« on: 16 April 2013, 13:05 »
Two new optional extras have appeared on the configurator today - Front and Rear Spoiler 'additions' - anyone know what these are??  I thought initially it wouldn't let me select these as an option on a GTI and that maybe they were options for some of the other Golf models - but it does, so now I'm intrigued! Anyone have any info?
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Front & Rear Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2013, 13:07 »
The 'info' says:

"The aerodynamically designed front spoiler reduces lift to the front axle and makes a powerfully dynamic statement. The inlet in the middle, here painted in black, further emphasises this sportiness. The spoiler made of an especially durable, high-quality plastic is primed and can be painted in the colour of your car."

"The roof edge spoiler not only looks good but is also effective. Its understated sporty look significantly enhances the tail end of the vehicle while simultaneously improving the aerodynamics. It is primed and can be painted to match the vehicle colour."
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2013, 13:24 »
I think those are for lower models, the retailer fitted accesories are the same for all models on the configurator.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2013, 13:28 »
I think those are for lower models, the retailer fitted accesories are the same for all models on the configurator.

Ah, ok.  I did think this but it still allowed me to add it to a GTI.  A configurator error no doubt.  Thanks!
Audi RS5 2018