Author Topic: Bluetooth  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Bluetooth
« on: 14 April 2013, 18:12 »
Please forgive this naive question.

As I've never owned a car with Bluetooth preparation I thought I'd ask about this.

Does the standard spec GTD/GTI come Bluetooth ready?

What I mean is can you make and receive calls wirelessly using an iPhone 5 without paying any more money as an upgrade option?

How does it work through the steering wheel/touch screen radio?

Cheers
Gaz
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
Re: Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2013, 18:16 »
Yes to the first two questions :smiley: You can make use of the facilities through the steering wheel controls or pay extra for the voice activation add-on.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2013, 18:23 »
On  a similar note, my Scirocco has bluetooth for calls and music but the music info does not come up on the screen (like it does when plugged in via cable).

Does anyone know if the new golfs have music info on screen via bluetooth?  (Certainly some manufactures do)

I look forward to finding out
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2013, 18:25 »
Yes to the first two questions :smiley: You can make use of the facilities through the steering wheel controls or pay extra for the voice activation add-on.

Do you have to plug the iPhone in or will it work wirelessly as standard?

Thanks G
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2013, 18:39 »

Do you have to plug the iPhone in or will it work wirelessly as standard?

Thanks G

It works wirelessly, thats what bluetooth does! :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2013, 19:09 »
I thought the bluetooth only displayed data from the phones sim card for making calls etc. When bluetoothing music files, only the sound gets through, not the track info.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2013, 19:28 »
Does anyone know if the new golfs have music info on screen via bluetooth?  (Certainly some manufactures do)

I look forward to finding out

Would be interested in finding this out too. My Dad's Ford Focus does this... Track info appears on screen for BT audio. I assume its a newer version of BT or something.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2013, 21:31 »
I thought the bluetooth only displayed data from the phones sim card for making calls etc. When bluetoothing music files, only the sound gets through, not the track info.

BT audio displays limited track info on my mk6.  Doesn't give the menu of tracks that you get with an iPod plugged in, but it does display track info of each song as it plays and as you scroll through them.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11