Poll

Just wondering..

You have a mk 6 and love it.
7 (36.8%)
You have read and compared the details of the alternatives. The Golf won.
3 (15.8%)
You just fancied a change.
3 (15.8%)
You had a GTI/GTD previously and missed it.
2 (10.5%)
You have seen the pictures and just need one.
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: 11 July 2013, 23:38

Author Topic: Why did you order a mk 7 GTI/GTD?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Why did you order a mk 7 GTI/GTD?
« on: 12 April 2013, 23:38 »
I will miss my mk6.

It was actually quite painful trading it in for the mk7.

Really.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Why did you order a mk 7 GTI/GTD?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2013, 00:30 »
I currently have a MK5 GTI, and have recently been reading reviews on the new MK7 golf in general.  When I saw the new GTI and the related spec, I just had to make the trade!  I will also miss my MK5, but I'm sure that the new one will more than make up for the pain!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2013, 06:00 »
Gtd - I had a new PD150 golf back in 2003 which was revolutionary in my opinion and was an amazing drive. I am hoping that the gtd will be the same now. I drove an a3 tdi 150 sport a month ago and I thought it was monsterous, so sureky the 184 will be even more so...
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2013, 10:54 »
Time for a change,My MK 6 is coming upto 4 years old and it seemed a good time to change,was quite pleased with he £14,200 i got in part exchange to (yes i know they will sell it for more).
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2013, 12:22 »
Missed my Mk 6 GTI (and before that the Mk5 GTI) - had beemers and audis since getting rid of the Mk 6 and although great cars not one of them has been as much fun as the GTI - hence the return to VW!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2013, 13:22 »
After my MK5 GT Sport TDI170 I moved onto the Scirocco (I am on my 2nd one). Lately, with all the Scirocco imitators out there making it lose its edge in the looks department and it lagging way behind in VW tech I was waiting to see if the MK7 Golf looked better than the MK6.

I'm not really a fan of the MK6 - those oversized rear clusters and softer edges all around just didn't appeal to me and the higher models don't stand out enough from the standard ones. With the Black front end bit in the bumper a GT Sport and GTI stood out in the MK5 line-up, I didn't think the MK6 higher models stood out so much apart from the obvious wheel and tailpipe differences. I much prefer the sharper edges of the MK7 and it is so full of tech as standard, I couldn't resist when the GTD specs were announced. From a practical point of view I won't be worried about my elderly great-aunty falling out of the car and breaking her hip like I do currently with the Scirocco (when she gets out).
« Last Edit: 13 April 2013, 13:29 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2013, 19:46 »
Hi all,

We have always had nice cars eg bmw and Mini Cooper S etc... Wife got pregnant and bmw wouldn't take a buggy so we got a Merc b class.... Practical but we missed having a fun car!!

Just ordered a pure white GTD with winter pack and service package due to amazing residuals, great co2 and very quick:)