Author Topic: Which colour will you be ordering?  (Read 28821 times)

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
Re: Which colour will you be ordering?
« Reply #90 on: 13 April 2013, 19:44 »
Pure white :)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 14 April 2013, 12:49 »
Oh, and I have a horror story about benfield but that's another story!

Benfield horror story? Doesn't involve their Bodyshop on Scotswood Road by any chance does it? Right bunch of monkeys in that place - avoid like the plague for repairs, they ruined my MK5 GT Sport TDI170 after it went in for a minor repair, took 8 weeks to do a 2 week job, fitted and painted a replacement body panel that rusted up every 2 months due to poor preparation/protection and the thinnest paint job they could get away with. They left the brakes in a dangerous condition on handover and stole a few things from the car whilst they had it. Other than that they're great.

What made you go to Chester? Relatives there? Used them before for a broker deal or did you literally ring around every VW dealership in the North-East and North-West?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #92 on: 14 April 2013, 12:56 »
I took my Mv5 GTI in for a service once, and it came out looking lovely and clean...apart from a molten patch on both side skirts!  Turns out the guy who steam cleaned didn't pay much attention to what the hose was touching, lol.  They replaced both skirts, but when I went to collect it I noticed a huge chip in the door bumper strip...  Had to see the funny side, 'cos normally their service is spot on.  To be fair, they did fill the tank with fuel afterwards to compensate me driving up and down!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 14 April 2013, 12:57 »
Is Scotswood Road still known locally as Sniper Alley?  :grin:
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #94 on: 14 April 2013, 13:06 »
Oh, and I have a horror story about benfield but that's another story!

Benfield horror story? Doesn't involve their Bodyshop on Scotswood Road by any chance does it? Right bunch of monkeys in that place - avoid like the plague for repairs, they ruined my MK5 GT Sport TDI170 after it went in for a minor repair, took 8 weeks to do a 2 week job, fitted and painted a replacement body panel that rusted up every 2 months due to poor preparation/protection and the thinnest paint job they could get away with. They left the brakes in a dangerous condition on handover and stole a few things from the car whilst they had it. Other than that they're great.

What made you go to Chester? Relatives there? Used them before for a broker deal or did you literally ring around every VW dealership in the North-East and North-West?

Polo was using to much oil.  Went in and they asked if they could use it through the day to add miles and measure its usage through a week. I agreed.
Phone call later in the week telling me they had hit a badger.....a nocturnal animal!
One of the sales man had been taking it home and ripped the bumper off hitting the badger. 
I asked to see the car and thoug it would be at their own body shop. 
No, it was in Sunderland at a backstreet body shop!
Why I asked?
We wanted the quickest possible turnaround I was told.
Having went to see the car they had tried to repair the damage without my knowledge but a lot of the fixings had been damaged. 
Got a couple of months payments paid for by them and put a new block in for the oil consumption. 

I went to Chester as they had offers advertised on their website and were willing to give me a lot more for my part ex.
Nothing but goods things thus far :)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #95 on: 14 April 2013, 13:22 »
Chriscav: Make sure you come home on the side roads, if that new GTD (or is it a GTI?) is run in sitting at 70/75mph sat on the motorway you'll likely glaze your bores, resulting in crap power, crap economy and high oil consumption. I once bought a Golf MK5 GT 140TDI from VW Crewe via "UKNEWCARS" and drove it straight down to Southampton to see relatives and it ran like a dog, using a litre of oil every 1000 miles. Every other TDI (5 others) I have owned have been run in with varied driving through the gears and at a variety of engine speeds up to 3500rpm and have never used a drop of oil between services as well as having good power and economy close to the combined figures on short journeys, exceeding it on the motorway doing 80mph average speeds.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #96 on: 14 April 2013, 13:25 »
Yeah.  I've had a few new cars to run in but never such a journey when the engine so new.  It's a gti. Ill just keep swapping cogs so the engines full rev range is used. Obviously wont bounce it off the limiter mind. 
Thanks for the advice though.....just don't know which back roads lead me back to Newcastle. 

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #97 on: 14 April 2013, 13:31 »
Chriscav: Maybe get it up to Carlisle on minor back roads then across the A69 via Hexham?

What kind of deal did you get in the end? Mine was: Paid list price but got £850 more than Parkers for my part-ex, free 3 years service pack and free back to invoice GAP. If it wasn't for limited allocation for GTI/GTD at this early stage i'd have been looking for at least £1000 off the new car as well as all of the above. Benfield fell well short of what Pulman gave.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 14 April 2013, 13:42 »
Good idea actually. 
Paying 400 upfront.  My part ex is now roughly what I owe. 
Getting the car for 25200 after the performance pack has been added along with white so financing 24800 on PCP.