Author Topic: Which colour will you be ordering?  (Read 28820 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Which colour will you be ordering?
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2013, 15:52 »
New poster here, Hello everyone!

I currently have a rising Blue Scirocco 170TDI. I ordered a pearlescent black MK7 5DR GTD on Friday. There is no discount on these locally (Newcastle). The snotty attitude of Benfield Silverlink made me go back to Pulman in Sunderland where I was offered £500 more part ex than at Silverlink and the £329 service pack thrown in for nowt. Overall I got about £750 more p/x than Parkers/Glass' would indicate for my Scirocco, so I suppose it is like getting just over a grand discount inc service pack.

I didn't go any further afield for haggling as I know the salesman at Sunderland, who indicated how far he could stretch his manager on a car with currently limited allocation availability. If I was buying the same car next year i'd be looking to get a sizeable discount - it always costs more to be an early adopter, and between Pulman and Benfield they have all the dealerships covered in a 50 mile radius.

I'm expecting it in June, but yesterday I got the official order acceptance paperwork which states a "handover commitment date" of 01 May 2013. Not sure whether that means car will be available then or that is the date of no return e.g. commencement of build.

Solutions figures right now are amazing for a GTD right now in terms of final rental  figure/guaranteed future price. My agreement indicates a 55.7% retained value. Compared with the terms for a 150TDI GT at 47%, the actual cost to runa GTD for 3 years on solutions is actually cheaper than getting a GT on solutions!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2013, 16:20 »
Welcome to the fold!

Congrats and look forward to the pics....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 31 March 2013, 16:52 »
New poster here, Hello everyone!

I currently have a rising Blue Scirocco 170TDI. I ordered a pearlescent black MK7 5DR GTD on Friday. There is no discount on these locally (Newcastle). The snotty attitude of Benfield Silverlink made me go back to Pulman in Sunderland where I was offered £500 more part ex than at Silverlink and the £329 service pack thrown in for nowt. Overall I got about £750 more p/x than Parkers/Glass' would indicate for my Scirocco, so I suppose it is like getting just over a grand discount inc service pack.

I didn't go any further afield for haggling as I know the salesman at Sunderland, who indicated how far he could stretch his manager on a car with currently limited allocation availability. If I was buying the same car next year i'd be looking to get a sizeable discount - it always costs more to be an early adopter, and between Pulman and Benfield they have all the dealerships covered in a 50 mile radius.

I'm expecting it in June, but yesterday I got the official order acceptance paperwork which states a "handover commitment date" of 01 May 2013. Not sure whether that means car will be available then or that is the date of no return e.g. commencement of build.

Solutions figures right now are amazing for a GTD right now in terms of final rental  figure/guaranteed future price. My agreement indicates a 55.7% retained value. Compared with the terms for a 150TDI GT at 47%, the actual cost to runa GTD for 3 years on solutions is actually cheaper than getting a GT on solutions!

The figures I have been quoted for a GTD are £40 month more than those I were quoted on a Polo R Line 1.2 lol
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #23 on: 31 March 2013, 20:43 »
Monkeyhanger,
Did you try each branch of benfield and pulmans, as each branch is run as individual companys, so you can often get a better deal from one benfield dealer over the other benfield dealer etc.
I'll keep an eye out for your mk7 in May as I work in Newcastle and not seen many mk7s about yet.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2013, 20:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2013, 09:16 »
Snoopy: I only tried 2 branches of Benfield and one Pulman. Carrs of Hexham (Benfield group), the place in Morpeth (also Benfield group) and Pulman Durham never offer anything due to location being full of posh idiots who always pay full RRP.

Silverlink is my local (I live in N Shields), they are sometimes open to a deal , but not for my last 2 cars. I have a mate who is in sales in Benfield Scotswood Road. He told me honestly that he couldn't wring out a better part ex than Silverlink offered nor give me any discount as they've already sold their allocation up to May, all at full RRP.

So I went to Pulman Sunderland. The same salesman as last time gave me more p/x than Benfield and said that he couldn't do much for me on terms of price. I asked for free metallic paint and he said his manager won't go for that - he suggested the 3 years services pack worth £329 as there was no additional equipment I wanted to spec. We went for that in the end. He knows what he can and can't get away with e.g. what his manager will approve. He said that right now with limited allocation he can't give any meaningful discounts, but as my current car was from them he was able to inflate the part ex a little (which he did). If I was buying one in a years time I know i'd be able to shave £1.5/2k off the list, but the solutions final value won't be as good (IMO - I have never seen a GTI/GTD hold 55-60% at trade in/3 years) and right now it is £50 a month cheaper than the Roc I own and should be good for a £20-30 a month fuel saving, so by not hanging on a year i'll have saved a grand there.

Offline blueheaduk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2013, 09:47 »
So I went back into the dealer today to sort out the issue of roof/19" alloy combination. My usual salesman is on holiday this week so I got left with another guy who seemed to not really know what he was doing... But anyway he checked out a computer system of some sort and he assures me I can get the car in Carbon Steel Grey. Anyone else been down this road? Starting to get tired of all the misinformation.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2013, 14:54 »
Just tried to do an insurance comparison for the new GTD, but of course none of the insurance companies have it listed yet. Assuming it is treated the same as the MK6 (yes it has more power, but it has more safety kit to boot) my insurance quotes were 27% cheaper than for my Roc 170TDI, both the Roc and the MK7 GTD are group 26E. Significant insurance saving is a welcome bonus.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2013, 18:16 by monkeyhanger »

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2013, 18:05 »
So I went back into the dealer today to sort out the issue of roof/19" alloy combination. My usual salesman is on holiday this week so I got left with another guy who seemed to not really know what he was doing... But anyway he checked out a computer system of some sort and he assures me I can get the car in Carbon Steel Grey. Anyone else been down this road? Starting to get tired of all the misinformation.

I thought that colour wasn't available?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2013, 18:22 »

I thought that colour wasn't available?

According to the configurator only grey metallic shades available are limestone grey and tungsten silver (I excluded Reflex silver as a "grey") and that applies to all Golfs, not just the GTI/GTD. The nearest equivalent looks to be tungsten silver.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2013, 18:34 »

Thats weird because I order all cars for stock, demo's and my own customers cars on "sli" VW's ordering system and that colour is not currently an option. I have order two new mk7 GTD's and that is not an option if it was then both customers would of ordered it in that colour.

I smell some bull.......
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.