Author Topic: Which colour will you be ordering?  (Read 28836 times)

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
Which colour will you be ordering?
« on: 30 March 2013, 07:05 »
I am thinking Tornado Red but as normal with a new car purchase doubts arise..
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
Re: Which colour will you be ordering?
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2013, 08:32 »
Gone back to white.  I think it is one of the cars that carries this colour well

Had a white mk 5 gti. Then went red for the edition 30. Back to white for the edition 35 (RIP)
Sticking with white again

Certainly never have another black car.
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2013, 09:22 »
Gone back to white.  I think it is one of the cars that carries this colour well

Had a white mk 5 gti. Then went red for the edition 30. Back to white for the edition 35 (RIP)
Sticking with white again

Certainly never have another black car.

:laugh: I think a lot wud agree with you but then again if maintained well its probably the most satisfying colour to look at when all gleaming... :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2013, 09:23 »
I've ordered white due to lack of other options tbh, it would've been carbon grey although did consider Limestone but i don't think it'd suit the GTI as well as the GT, the only others i looked at were sunset red which imo looks too orange in some lights and reflex silver, so pretty p!ss poor choices from VW this time round!! :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2013, 10:12 »
I'm a bit disappointed with the new colour choices for the Mk 7 ... and don't understand why VW would drop Carbon Grey and introduce Urano Grey.

I just hope they keep Rising Blue (or equivalent) for the new R.
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2013, 11:40 »
Hello everyone.  I've been lurking for a while as I'm thinking of taking the plunge and ordering a GTD.

I really had my heart set on Carbon Steel Grey for the colour after seeing it listed on the German website, so was gutted when it wasn't on the UK configurator.

To be honest I found the colours listed on the UK configurator a bit strange.  Previous GTI's seem to have had the full Golf range of colours, minus a few that aren't really "GTI", plus one or two special colours.

The German website seems to follow this trend (adding Carbon Steel, removing Urano Grey, Sunset Red and Pacific Blue).

It's probably wishful thinking, but does anyone else think the colours on the configurator might not be the final list?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2013, 12:12 »
I reckon give it a few weeks and carbon grey will be on the list.

Welcome btw :afro:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2013, 14:38 »
Slightly off topic, but I think Seat seem to have done a bit better with the colour choices for the new Leon than VW have with the Golf, even though they have fewer colours to choose from.

Subjective, I know, but I prefer Seat's metallic Apollo Blue, Montsant Red and Monsoon Grey to VW's equivalent metallic colours; Night Blue, Pacific Blue, Sunset Red or Limestone Grey. I think I'd quite like a GTI or GTD in Seat's Montsant Red, whereas I don't think I'd want VW's orangey-red Sunset Red. Seat also have a metallic (Nevada) white which is just over 1/2 the price (£475) that VW is charging for pearlescent Oryx White (£900).

Come on VW, give us some decent colours and bring back Carbon Grey too!

http://carconfigurator.seat.co.uk/seat-cc/ipad-ipad-006-en.view?msk=3#carline
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2013, 15:35 »
@ SF-GTD Firstly Welcome to the fold!

If you are seriously thinking of putting in a order then I wud do it asap as you probably know the GTI/D allocations are not that great.. and give the dealer a provisional colour choice but say to them that your preferred colour choice wud ideally be Carbon Grey ect and ask them to call you if the colour becomes available in the next few weeks ect so you can change your colour choice before your car goes to " build week confirmed"  after which things can't be changed from your order...

Just my 2p worth...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2013, 15:39 »
@ SF-GTD Firstly Welcome to the fold!

If you are seriously thinking of putting in a order then I wud do it asap as you probably know the GTI/D allocations are not that great.. and give the dealer a provisional colour choice but say to them that your preferred colour choice wud ideally be Carbon Grey ect and ask them to call you if the colour becomes available in the next few weeks ect so you can change your colour choice before your car goes to " build week confirmed"  after which things can't be changed from your order...

Just my 2p worth...

Some sound advice there fella! O0

It's not the greatest pic but this is the one that made me go for white over silver 8)

« Last Edit: 30 March 2013, 15:47 by Jimble »