Author Topic: Things are getting exciting...big change  (Read 46178 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Things are getting exciting...big change
« on: 25 March 2013, 12:38 »
VW0336-13

Customers can get behind the wheel of the latest Golf GTI for £25,845, only £195 more than the outgoing model, while the GTD is available from £25,285, only £310 more than its predecessor.

Both cars represent fantastic value, because they come with a host of extra equipment over their Mk VI equivalents yet the change in price has been kept to a minimum.

It’s been 37 years since Volkswagen invented the hot hatch, and the New Golf GTI is ready to take the market by storm. With 220 PS the GTI combines technological leadership and impressive performance, and its GTD stable mate adds efficiency to this heady mix.

Open for ordering

Both the new GTI and GTD will open for ordering on 26 March, with the GTI going on sale on 18 June and the GTD a few weeks later on 5 August. We will update the volkswagen.co.uk car configurator and Connect Online to coincide with the open-for-order date.

We have ordered an initial batch of GTI and GTD models and we will let you know how these will be allocated to Retailers. An updated price list for the New Golf will also be available on the open-for-order dates and the publication will have full details of specification and equipment.

Specification and equipment highlights

The sporty characteristics of the GTI and GTD are emphasised by colour-coding; red for GTI and grey on GTD. In addition, they come with the following equipment as standard over the already well kitted out GT:

Exterior

18-inch alloy wheels
Colour-coded brake calipers
Lowered sports suspension (further 15mm)
Colour-coded lettering and logo on the front wings
Bi-xenon headlights, with LED daytime-running lights and colour-coded strips

PrintEmail+FavGolf GTI and GTD prices announced22 March 2013
GTI price up by less than £200, despite loads of extra equipment
 VW0336-13

Customers can get behind the wheel of the latest Golf GTI for £25,845, only £195 more than the outgoing model, while the GTD is available from £25,285, only £310 more than its predecessor.

Both cars represent fantastic value, because they come with a host of extra equipment over their Mk VI equivalents yet the change in price has been kept to a minimum.

It’s been 37 years since Volkswagen invented the hot hatch, and the New Golf GTI is ready to take the market by storm. With 220 PS the GTI combines technological leadership and impressive performance, and its GTD stable mate adds efficiency to this heady mix.

Open for ordering

Both the new GTI and GTD will open for ordering on 26 March, with the GTI going on sale on 18 June and the GTD a few weeks later on 5 August. We will update the volkswagen.co.uk car configurator and Connect Online to coincide with the open-for-order date.

We have ordered an initial batch of GTI and GTD models and we will let you know how these will be allocated to Retailers. An updated price list for the New Golf will also be available on the open-for-order dates and the publication will have full details of specification and equipment.

Specification and equipment highlights

The sporty characteristics of the GTI and GTD are emphasised by colour-coding; red for GTI and grey on GTD. In addition, they come with the following equipment as standard over the already well kitted out GT:

Exterior

18-inch alloy wheels
Colour-coded brake calipers
Lowered sports suspension (further 15mm)
Colour-coded lettering and logo on the front wings
Bi-xenon headlights, with LED daytime-running lights and colour-coded strips

Interior

Illuminated door-sill strips
Animated colour display with needle sweep – model specific
Multifunction leather steering wheel – model specific
Dual-zone climate control
Cruise control on GTI
Function

Anti-tramp function within the sports electronic stabilisation programme (ESP)
Progressive steering
Both models will be fitted with the Composition Media audio system as standard and not the Discover Navigation as found in the GT. Automatic Distance Control (ADC) is not available on GTI.

In addition to an exciting range of optional equipment, the GTI is available with a Performance Pack for the first time. This increases power from 220 PS to 230 PS, and comes with larger-diameter brakes and a limited-slip differential. The pack costs £980 and can be specified within SLi as the GTI Performance Pack.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2013, 18:15 by evo1986 »
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: Things are getting exciting...
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2013, 13:56 »
Thanks for the update.

Do you know if winter pack (or heated front seats) are standard?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2013, 14:25 »
I've got the strong coffee ready to keep me awake till the early hours!! :drool:  Glad to see the lights and wheels are standard as VW had said. 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2013, 17:36 »
Sweet! :cool:

Will be looking on the configurator in the early hours for sure...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2013, 17:43 »
I'm really struggling with my colour choice this time! :sick:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2013, 18:14 »
White....

No sat nav in the GTI then... :sad:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2013, 18:22 »
Sounds great!

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2013, 19:16 »
I'm wondering if the configurator will be available from 00:01 tomorrow morning or if it'll be something like 09:00?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2013, 20:07 »
Why the feck isn't ADC available on it, its a great system!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2013, 20:41 »
Why the feck isn't ADC available on it, its a great system!

Probably because the GTI / GTD is meant to be leading rather than following  :smiley:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14