Author Topic: Front Wipers on Mark 4 Golf stop and starting intermittently  (Read 1223 times)

Offline sheared1

• Just got here
Wipers on golf mark 4 driving me mad and becoming dangerous in the rain when they stop for no reason !!
Has been in garage a couple of times now with the wiper relay replaced with new, the wiper stalk replaced with new and now the motor (new).
However they have found out that on occasion there is no power getting to the motor is there any other electrical possibilities that could be causing this very annoying problems.
any help would be most welcome as this is driving me mad !!

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
Re: Front Wipers on Mark 4 Golf stop and starting intermittently
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2014, 17:24 »
The only common fault is seized wiper spindles , i had to drive 98 miles home in heavy rain when mine gave up.  :angry: Lucky it was on the motorway, had to go over 100 to blow the rain off.
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2014, 18:16 »
The only common fault is seized wiper spindles , i had to drive 98 miles home in heavy rain when mine gave up.  :angry: Lucky it was on the motorway, had to go over 100 to blow the rain off.
Easy to check.

If speed 1 = speed 2 you have this problem. I think my new wiper mechanism was £80 earlier this year and a 1 to 2 spanner job to fit.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2014, 12:51 »
I have this issue too, going to get one off the bay and fit at some point
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)