Author Topic: Clutch replacement  (Read 901 times)

Offline seanbmx

• Not said much yet
Clutch replacement
« on: 10 December 2014, 08:22 »
Morning all, just a quick one how difficult is replacing the clutch on a 1.8t Agu on a driveway? I'll be doing this after Xmas and may even do a how to with pictures. Also any tips in advanced would be greatly appreciated

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Re: Clutch replacement
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2014, 10:22 »
When i did the g60 /vr6 conversion  it was getting the height to drop the gearbox right out that was the problem. You might be able to just change it without removing though, I was just doing what seemed easiest

Offline seanbmx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2014, 11:31 »
That's what I'll be doing the g60 conversion. That's one of the things I was worried about getting the gear box out, how height would you say to have the front off the ground to get good enough clearance? Also how long did it take you?

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2014, 11:43 »
It took me and my mate around 3 hrs I think. And I'd say 2 foot to be comfortable, and as it's almost in the middle of the car you'll need that height in the center of the car.
Your best bet is to try and find someone that has a pit you can use or rent for a day. I was quite lucky because I know someone that has a pit I could use.

Good luck

Good luck 

Offline seanbmx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2014, 11:51 »
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't know anybody that has access to a Pitt, I'll just have to find a way around this, but like I said before I'll postup pictures of the process

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2014, 13:14 »
Another option you might be able to try is jacking it right up then using axle stands