Author Topic: Aum Maf sensor  (Read 3428 times)

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
Aum Maf sensor
« on: 08 December 2014, 16:48 »
Anyone with honda s2000 filter having maf troubles?

Cheers

Offline Tezmax

• GTI forum regular
Re: Aum Maf sensor
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2014, 18:09 »
Lol, u still going through Genuine vw maf's every month?

1.8t Aum. forge 007p. 17" bbs. R-tech stage 1 map.205/235. catch can.

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2014, 18:54 »
Yeah its unreal mate, there playing up within  a few days, disconnect it and it runs spot on, but it spits and farts in the mornings when I start up from cold. no one can explain why it's eating them, doing my head in haha

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2014, 20:14 »
Has  the car been remapped? I'm thinking maybe it's been tuned without the maf connected, not sure why that would eat mafs though. Perhaps try another filter to see if that fixes it.
Yeah its unreal mate, there playing up within  a few days, disconnect it and it runs spot on, but it spits and farts in the mornings when I start up from cold. no one can explain why it's eating them, doing my head in haha

Offline matty james

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2014, 21:06 »
are you getting recon mafs from tps or some where or are you getting brand new ones from the dealers .if the filter is causing you such probs ,get shot of it.
mk3 gti"s and vr6"s,present a silver mk4 anniversary on adjustable coilovers.

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2014, 21:37 »
Na its standard, just s2000 filter and creation motor sport intake pipe, it was doing it when I got the car, that was with standard air intake pipe and air box, I put a new maf on and it runs good for a few days a week max and then starts getting flat spots and low rev surging, I disconnect it and all that dissappears, I'm getting brand new mafs from tps 90 quid each with part exchange on mine. 190 quid without exchange, I like the turbo noise from filter so ideally I wanna find a way to keep it, because it's doing it with standard air boxes too

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2014, 22:43 »
I've had a quick search of it and apparently people with same problems solved it with changing ones of these - the IAC sensor, crankshaft sensor and the fuel pump (if there's low fuel pressure it will put the air/fuel mixing ratio out)

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2014, 08:26 »
Ahh right ok mate, which one is most easy to change? I also check each maf with vcds and the reading is always jumpy really high then really low, alway get misfires on tick over and that picked up on the misfire counter always seems to be cylinder 2 and 4 and they dissappear when maf is disconnected

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2014, 22:09 »
The IAC sensor can be replaced or cleaned by removing the sensor directly after the throttle body. Not sure on the other two though

Offline Scott D

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2014, 00:34 »
Might be an issue with the wiring loom going to MAF if its blowing sensors and issues disappearing when disconnecting
2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel