Author Topic: Help! Anyone know where the microswitch is fitted?  (Read 847 times)

Offline rossorocket

• Just got here
Help! Anyone know where the microswitch is fitted?
« on: 29 November 2014, 16:40 »
Hi everyone...sorry its my first post and asking a Q's, but can anyone help?

I have a Mk4 Turbo and have just replaced a smoothed tailgate which had rusted with a decent 2nd hand one - trouble is, I don't know where and how the microswitch assy fits into the lower tailgate. Does anyone know?

I am trying to restore correct central locking and so on, but this bit wasn't fitted on the tailgate I took off but the part is clearly there in ETKA - but does show how it fits! So I bought the item.

P/N is 1J6 953 230A - Micro Switch with retainer. Its not the sensor that goes into the tailgate lock assy. It plugs into the tailgate loom by the solenoid actuator. So I think it must clip onto the back of the tailgate lock or handle recess somewhere....to detect door operation perhaps?

Its a small loom of wire about 10 inches long, with a black multiplug at one end and a small, white solenoid with actuator spring to close on  the switch

Anyone know or can advise?

Offline gm8

• I live here
Re: Help! Anyone know where the microswitch is fitted?
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2014, 16:45 »

this one ?

Offline rossorocket

• Just got here
Re: Help! Anyone know where the microswitch is fitted?
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2014, 18:42 »
Hi gm8, thanks for the reply - all sorted now. It wasn't this microswitch but a small switch/loom that clips around the actual tailgate lock barrel assembly, just behind the tailgate handle.
The microswitch I believe is used to detect the tailgate is open.

Anyway, all sussed out now and thanks again for your reply. :smiley:

Cheers