Author Topic: centre console  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Aitch!

• Just got here
centre console
« on: 16 October 2011, 18:29 »
Hi!
           Ive just purchased my 1st Golf GTI Mk4 LOVE It!
       The prevoius owner fitted an arm rest which I have been able to remove the bulk of. My problem is I have taken out the two screws at the gearstick end of the console and this frees up the front part of the console but cannot find a way to get the backend next to the ashtray loose. I need to remove the console to get at the 2 retainig bolts from the armrest pillar..  Anyone know how please??
      Oh and I asume there is some blanking plate or receptical that will fill the gap from the armrest fiting ??
                  Thank you Aitch!

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: centre console
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2011, 18:37 »
open the ashtray, pop the tray out and look down while your opening it There should be 2 holes that 2 screws that come into view once they are lined up

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2011, 19:47 »
How come you taking it out mate ? If its black and in good condition il buy it off ya and you can have the bit you need to fill the gap where you located ?

Offline vdubman

• I live here
  • its not a polo-its a mini golf :-)
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2011, 15:37 »
Hi!
           Ive just purchased my 1st Golf GTI Mk4 LOVE It!
       The prevoius owner fitted an arm rest which I have been able to remove the bulk of. My problem is I have taken out the two screws at the gearstick end of the console and this frees up the front part of the console but cannot find a way to get the backend next to the ashtray loose. I need to remove the console to get at the 2 retainig bolts from the armrest pillar..  Anyone know how please??
      Oh and I asume there is some blanking plate or receptical that will fill the gap from the armrest fiting ??
                  Thank you Aitch!

yes mate,picked mine up from the stealers 2 weeks ago for £12 and looks  :cool: will post a piccie up tonight for you

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2011, 16:12 »
Armrest from the stealers for £12???
MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP

Offline vdubman

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2011, 19:20 »
the blank is £12, and works a treat.

Offline Aitch!

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2011, 22:36 »
Great piccys !! Thank you ! looks like a visit my local stealers then! Looks neat and tidy ! :smiley: somewhere to put the chewing gum :grin:

Thanks for the help!! Appreciated!

Offline Aitch!

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2011, 22:47 »
Reply to AD1- 8T

Will let you know the minute I have taken it out! ( Been raining here since I posted) Its all there! just dont like it!

Offline vdubman

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2011, 05:57 »
Great piccys !! Thank you ! looks like a visit my local stealers then! Looks neat and tidy ! :smiley: somewhere to put the chewing gum :grin:

Thanks for the help!! Appreciated!

your welcome dude.

Offline 132blackrs

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 13 December 2014, 17:40 »
Hi. I've been looking on the net for this type of blanking plate because I want to remove my arm rest to. I never use it and I love the pictures in this thread. Can anyone let me know where I can pick one up please?