Author Topic: Roll on tomorrow... new GTD incoming!  (Read 7277 times)

Offline GarethGM

• Just got here
  • 2016 GTD DSG in Carbon Grey, standard spec.
Roll on tomorrow... new GTD incoming!
« on: 05 April 2016, 13:29 »
Long time lurker here after owning a MKIV GTI and R32 many moons ago.

Coming back in to the fold tomorrow when my new GTD is delivered from the lease co. Only a base spec as these were in stock with the best deals, but my word do they look good in Carbon Grey which is what I've gone for.

Reading the threads it seems most owners are very happy with what they've got. Thanks for the contributions as they helped make my decision and have given me some useful reading to prepare for its arrival.

Now.. do I really need to run her in for the first 1,000 miles?!  :evil:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Roll on tomorrow... new GTD incoming!
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2016, 13:47 »

It's a lease car with a warranty, so no.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2016, 13:59 »
I hammered mine from day 1 (when oil was up to temp) and it's done 41k flawlessly.

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2016, 20:02 »

It's a lease car with a warranty, so no.

Nooooo I might buy it second hand  :laugh:

I had to return 1 used mk7 GTD due to the condition of it!!
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline GarethGM

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2016, 22:10 »
Well, took delivery today. Initially very disappointing as the bodywork has 6 or 7 sets of minor scuffs / hairline scratches from being transported and sat in the compound. The delivery and leasing co were both very good though and a smart repair co is coming out tomorrow to assess and provide an estimate for repair at dealer's cost. Took the shine off the experience, but the Carbon Grey is / will be a stunning colour when sorted.

Other than that, an afternoon of cautious hooning and playing with the various gadgets has convinced me it's a brilliant bit of all-round kit. Fast enough, refined and extremely well screwed together. What were they thinking with the daft sound actuator in sport mode though?! All other settings on Sport in 'Individual' and the sound flicked back to normal, thanks.

BTW, does anybody here know how to do a full postcode search on the standard Discover Nav, if you can? Currently I only seem to be able to enter the first half then select from a list...

All things considered, I reckon this is the start of a good two year relationship!

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2016, 22:19 »
Well, took delivery today. Initially very disappointing as the bodywork has 6 or 7 sets of minor scuffs / hairline scratches from being transported and sat in the compound. The delivery and leasing co were both very good though and a smart repair co is coming out tomorrow to assess and provide an estimate for repair at dealer's cost. Took the shine off the experience, but the Carbon Grey is / will be a stunning colour when sorted.

Other than that, an afternoon of cautious hooning and playing with the various gadgets has convinced me it's a brilliant bit of all-round kit. Fast enough, refined and extremely well screwed together. What were they thinking with the daft sound actuator in sport mode though?! All other settings on Sport in 'Individual' and the sound flicked back to normal, thanks.

BTW, does anybody here know how to do a full postcode search on the standard Discover Nav, if you can? Currently I only seem to be able to enter the first half then select from a list...

All things considered, I reckon this is the start of a good two year relationship!

Carbon grey is a classy colour.Most people have commented on how nice mine looks.It does tend to show up the tiniest of marks and light scratches though.It shows up dirt a lot as well.But then i'm not one for washing it much. :grin:
Just as well you're leasing it.I got a few trade in quotes today,just to see how it has depreciated in 6 months.Shockingly badly. :sad:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline GarethGM

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2016, 22:27 »

Carbon grey is a classy colour.Most people have commented on how nice mine looks.It does tend to show up the tiniest of marks and light scratches though.It shows up dirt a lot as well.But then i'm not one for washing it much. :grin:
Just as well you're leasing it.I got a few trade in quotes today,just to see how it has depreciated in 6 months.Shockingly badly. :sad:

Yep. Mine's on a PCH as I'm starting a new job. I was going to either PCP or buy one, then I saw the residuals... Excellent car though.

Google-fu has given me the answer on the postcode issue. The extra step of pressing the 'symbol' key then entering the space in the postcode is required. Seems convoluted, but hey-ho.

Opened the taps a little on the dual carriageway route home too. There's definitely some shove from 3rd - 6th... :-)

I'll try and get some pics up when the buffing and polishing is done and it's blemish-free!

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2016, 22:32 »

Yep. Mine's on a PCH as I'm starting a new job. I was going to either PCP or buy one, then I saw the residuals... Excellent car though.

Google-fu has given me the answer on the postcode issue. The extra step of pressing the 'symbol' key then entering the space in the postcode is required. Seems convoluted, but hey-ho.

Opened the taps a little on the dual carriageway route home too. There's definitely some shove from 3rd - 6th... :-)

I'll try and get some pics up when the buffing and polishing is done and it's blemish-free!

Aye,the mid range thump is very handy for getting past the 40 in a 60 zone types. :smiley:
Looking forward to your pics. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2016, 11:18 »
It took me a while to figure out where the postcode button was too  :rolleyes:

I've just noticed this morning that the sound actuator is on (very slighlty) in normal mode, off completely in eco mode and on full in sport...

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2016, 13:15 »

GTD is a great car. Am loving mine since I got it in Jan.  :grin:

Agree about it being very well screwed together - the build quality is in another league from my previous 60 plate fiesta. I think one of the best gadgets on it the ACC - doing a long journey is more a case of monitoring/adjusting the gap/speed than pressing any pedals.

The sound actuator in sport very is annoying. I have mine in normal most of the time and then go to individual (engine & steering sport, everything else normal) when I want a bit of fun  :laugh: There's a thread about turning off the sound (unplugging it) altogether somewhere, but not sure I'm brave enough to do that yet.

One other thing that I have found with mine, which may catch you out at first, is that it won't go into anything other than normal for the first 10-12 miles after re-fuelling - presumably this is so it can adjust to the new fuel in case it is slightly different. I kept trying it the other day and once I had cleared the 12 miles it switched mid journey.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000