Author Topic: Co2 & Economy Figures changed  (Read 11174 times)

Offline Happy Hippo

• Not said much yet
Co2 & Economy Figures changed
« on: 03 March 2016, 13:19 »
Has anyone else noticed or have I missed a thread but VW seem to have changed the economy & CO2 figures for the GTD. The manual is now 114 CO2 and 64.2 combined as opposed to 109 CO2 and 67.3 when I bought mine and the DSG has gone from 119 CO2 with 62.8 to 124-127 CO2 and 60.1. Since I'm not aware of any mechanical changes  I presume its a re-test caused by dieselgate. Figures are at http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-gti-vii/which-model/engines/overview
Golf GTD, ordered May 2013, BW41: 5dr Manual, Oryx White, Discovery Pro, Leather, Dynaudio..

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Co2 & Economy Figures changed
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2016, 16:19 »
Thats terrible!

BTW DSG has two figures, which will be for 3 door and 5 door... as before.

Previously the manual was 108g/km, now at 114g/km thats up one BIK band.

It's only 1% difference in BIK but the reason why you see a lot of GTD's is that they (were) fantastically effecient tax wise as a company car...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2016, 16:36 »
Ahh, I noticed the DSG 5 door had vanished from the company car list in work. To qualify for the scheme they have to be under 120.

Mind you through the works scheme a fully maintained and insured (the only option) GTD 5 door with met paint would cost the thick end of £380 - 400 a month on a 24 month 10,000 a year contract against a lease from CVL which would be masses cheaper.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2016, 13:42 »
Company cars are only tax efficient if you do high mileage really. The sort of scenario where the private lease company's just laugh at you, like 20k and upwards...

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2016, 19:01 »
Ahh, I noticed the DSG 5 door had vanished from the company car list in work. To qualify for the scheme they have to be under 120.

Mind you through the works scheme a fully maintained and insured (the only option) GTD 5 door with met paint would cost the thick end of £380 - 400 a month on a 24 month 10,000 a year contract against a lease from CVL which would be masses cheaper.

5-door DSG has always been over 120g/ km Co2 oddly, but looks like they've all slightly risen now
2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 04 March 2016, 21:18 »
They should be more honest and publish a combined MPG of 45.That goes for all of the other manufacturers too.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2016, 08:40 »
They should be more honest and publish a combined MPG of 45.That goes for all of the other manufacturers too.

mpg is such a driver variable though, a standard test is what we have at the moment, so an equal playing field between all manufacturers. They need to tweak the test to make it realistic, but how do you define the "average" driver? Right now the current test is miles off reality - the test has the car static far more than most would be in their commute (24% of the 11 minute test run), but when moving, the driving part of the test run is far more smooth/linear than most can hope to achieve when faced with traffic lights and roundabouts.

I found the pre-start/stop figures gave a much more realistic expectation of mpg.

I can get 32/33mpg in my R without driving like a nun, mainly due to the fact that most of my driving is on dual carriageways that are busy enough to keep me down to 70mph for my 20 mile commute. Last night I was an hour late leaving work and the roads were much clearer, I did 80mph most of the way and my mpg dropped to just under 30mpg (no hardship in an R) for the trip. If I went to work in the middle of rush hour, i'd be lucky to see 27mpg. That's just the variation of traffic volume n the exact same route. When you take in account driving style and shorter journeys as well as temp/humidity variation in the seasons you've got a real mixed bag.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2016, 20:31 »

mpg is such a driver variable though, a standard test is what we have at the moment, so an equal playing field between all manufacturers. They need to tweak the test to make it realistic, but how do you define the "average" driver? Right now the current test is miles off reality - the test has the car static far more than most would be in their commute (24% of the 11 minute test run), but when moving, the driving part of the test run is far more smooth/linear than most can hope to achieve when faced with traffic lights and roundabouts.

I found the pre-start/stop figures gave a much more realistic expectation of mpg.

I can get 32/33mpg in my R without driving like a nun, mainly due to the fact that most of my driving is on dual carriageways that are busy enough to keep me down to 70mph for my 20 mile commute. Last night I was an hour late leaving work and the roads were much clearer, I did 80mph most of the way and my mpg dropped to just under 30mpg (no hardship in an R) for the trip. If I went to work in the middle of rush hour, i'd be lucky to see 27mpg. That's just the variation of traffic volume n the exact same route. When you take in account driving style and shorter journeys as well as temp/humidity variation in the seasons you've got a real mixed bag.

Very true.It is a standard test so manufacturers just see it as a licence to polish the turd.
I got a video e mail from my dealer the other day.6 months on and asking if everything was ok.I was tempted to send him one back saying everything was just fine- apart from the gigantic mis-selling mpg porkie pie VW sold me. :angry:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2016, 13:55 »
Company cars are only tax efficient if you do high mileage really. The sort of scenario where the private lease company's just laugh at you, like 20k and upwards...
Nobody in my company really gets a company car allowance aside  from a few senior managers who are on the road a lot but they offer a lease scheme for fully maintained and insured cars whereby you pay less deductions from pay as it reduces your pre tax pay or pre stamp pay or something. I don't know anyone who's ever taken it up but I'm sure a Fiesta or something might be attractive to those wanting a known automotive monthly budget in the same way people pay over the odds on phone contracts. Convenience.

5-door DSG has always been over 120g/ km Co2 oddly, but looks like they've all slightly risen now

I've never really taken any notice of the scheme before as it's been a low key thing but they sent us all emails highlighting it recently. From your info the 5 door DSG would never have been on the scheme then.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 07 March 2016, 07:09 »
It's 150g/co2 for cars on the scheme where I work and its also non contributory from the employer. The most important things for a lease scheme are price and co2's as they affect your p11d figures come end of year. You'll also get a lower tax code the following year so you're cheap lease car actually doesn't become that cheap overall. Does depend on the individual scheme though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.