Author Topic: GTD Issues  (Read 4397 times)

Offline psaunders007

• Just got here
GTD Issues
« on: 19 September 2015, 13:07 »
Hi All,

I have just purchased a new GTD and it has issues.

These may be me or faults and am after some clarification.

I bought the car from a dealer up north and the local dealer seems unwilling to help.

The first issue is that when I store phone details or radio stations a couple of hours later they are lost.  I have tried a factory reset.

The second issue is that when I press the voice button it asks for a dealer enabling code.

The third issue is that it seems to be stuck on individual mode and will not change.

Any help with the above greatly appreciated.  The car is one day old!

Thanks in advance.

Offline 210GTi

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Issues
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2015, 14:38 »
Hi, Not a great start to GTD ownership ! In my experience the voice function only works if you have specified voice control as a specific option ? The radio and phone presets being lost is a strange one and I think may be related to the driving mode selection being unavailable, try another reset or clean the radio fascia as static can build up and render the screen unresponsive😡. When the driving mode won't change from the switch it usually will from the touchscreen , if all else fails get it booked into a VW dealer and I'm sure u will get it sorted out, cheers .

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2015, 17:23 »
Yes, the voice control is standard on the Navpro but an extra paid for option on the Nav and probably CMS too.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2015, 21:40 »
As above. Mine has standard DNS, voice button just acts as a mute switch
2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red

Offline Websta24

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2015, 09:24 »
As above. Mine has standard DNS, voice button just acts as a mute switch

It doesnt act as a mute switch any more! It just flags up "Contact dealer for activation" on the screen

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2015, 13:20 »
Sadly this seems to be another case of a new member that arrives, asks a question which is answered and is then never seen again....