Author Topic: Mk7 GTD - a review from the first year of ownership  (Read 13004 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk7 GTD - a review from the first year of ownership
« Reply #20 on: 09 June 2015, 16:11 »
If the car is a company car on a 25k pa lease, its probably set to longlife:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

I know mine is.... at 18k she was serviced.

If are doing less than 10k pa, you might want to get it changed - mind you, not sure that they will - the lease price will be on the assumption of xx mileage and so many services - if you do less, they won't service it more!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2015, 16:22 »
You likely right in timescales and was not overly worried on the GTD again for the reasons you state and sure the Diesels become even cleaner though can see the Electric Hybrids overtaking the Diesel as the green car that companies promote with incentives.

Have a read of this:

http://www.automotiveworld.com/megatrends-articles/life-beyond-euro-vi/

2020 seems to be the key date - 95g/km target - down from the current 130g/km.

Thats going to take some serious engineering!!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2015, 17:03 »
Not sure the members car we are talking about is a lease or a company car.... as he does around 13k a year it should have been serviced at 10,000 miles or 12 months - I can't really see a case for it being suitable for the Longlife regime - unless, as you say, he is doing 25k a year - but clearly he is only doing half that......

Time to get it booked in pronto - target price 149 quid :-)

mjh_056

« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2015, 17:15 »
Not sure the members car we are talking about is a lease or a company car.... as he does around 13k a year it should have been serviced at 10,000 miles or 12 months - I can't really see a case for it being suitable for the Longlife regime - unless, as you say, he is doing 25k a year - but clearly he is only doing half that......

Time to get it booked in pronto - target price 149 quid :-)

Its company lease and was going to do 15k a year but as role has changed the longer journeys that regularly did have been removed so imagine its more in the 9k territory now which not moaning about as quite happy as the longer runs were to the same locations for not the most pleasurable of meetings.

Going out in it shortly so will check the service data.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2015, 19:31 »
If its set to 'Longlife' (which clearly it is) you may find its not calling for a service yet - my point is essentially that it should not be set to 'Longlife' and you should have either had it changed to time/distance or (as I did) just go ahead and get the car serviced on its first birthday or at 10k miles - whichever came first.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2015, 08:10 »
It seems from my experience that all cars are delivered set to long-life - mine certainly was, but I made sure it was serviced at 12months (about 8,500 miles) and then had the computer reset from flexible interval to time and distance.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras