Author Topic: GTD Ordered - I Think?  (Read 18019 times)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Ordered - I Think?
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2015, 15:17 »
I agree, I suppose this is when you have justify whether the savings over the local dealership is worthwhile!

At least I could call in on my way home from work and speak to them in person. I'm just thinking about the saving!

I'm also half tempted to leave a damning review on carwow seen as they are intent on reminding me to leave a review every other day. Maybe that will get their attention  :whistle:
Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2015, 19:47 »
Yes - but the local dealer can be just as bad - its just less stress to pay them a visit. Maybe you should just cancel and go with DtD :-)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 14 April 2015, 09:40 »
Persistence prevails!

e-mail at half 8 last night, unique order number provided and scheduled for build week 21.

Now I can decrease work productivity even more with the use of the VW Tracker!
Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 April 2015, 10:08 »
Hope that estimates wrong and you get BW22 and the upgrades - particularly the larger media screen.....

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 14 April 2015, 10:11 »
Me too, might add another option just to push it back a couple of weeks.

I've actually specced the Nav Pro as part of the Tech Pack. So screen would still be 8", would just be the newer version?

I think going off the majority of stories on here, that build week will be slightly optimistic!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 April 2015, 11:58 »
Ah yes you are right - sorry I did not notice the spec details in your signature. Yes the BW estimates are normally optimistic!

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 14 April 2015, 14:22 »
I think I added the signature after your comment, just noticed it changes on all previous posts too!

Hopefully I'll lose a week somewhere and take advantage of the updated Nav Pro!

Anyway, my worries are at ease for now and I can get excited about joining the MK7 club!

Now, where's the link to Volkswagen tracker   :whistle:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 April 2015, 16:03 »
Ha ha - you will not be able to resist....did you agonise much in choosing red paintwork?

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 14 April 2015, 16:09 »
Oh yes!

Previous two cars have been White and fancied a change so that was definitely out.

Wanted more of a colour than Black, Grey or Silver

Was torn between Night Blue or Tornado Red for a while then saw a TR GTD in the flesh and that swayed it!

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2015, 18:51 »
Followed a Tornado Red GTD on the way home today, they do look very smart in the flesh.

Is your BW21 confirmed yet or is it still provisional?
2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red