Author Topic: New Recirc valve fitted  (Read 4378 times)

Offline >>Mart<<

• I live here
New Recirc valve fitted
« on: 21 February 2006, 17:53 »
had a few problems with the standard recirc valve so i went to awsome today and got the forge eliminator valve my car feels a lot smoother and the pickup seems better
while i was there i priced up a remap and they are doing a chip to make it  197bhp and 240 torque  for 350+vat woohoo might get that done in a few weeks  :grin: :grin:

any way heres a pic of the new shiny valve  :grin:

oh and im very tempted to get the carbonio cold air induction kit what do you lot think of it

kingturbo

Re: New Recirc valve fitted
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2006, 18:11 »
i asked jabbasport what they thought of carbonio they said they do get a good cold air feed but they act as a road sweeper and get clogged up very quickly and restrict performance.
i went to jabba yesterday as i was booked in for a remap the car was 162 bhp before i had a milltek turbo back exhaust,after they did it the engine power is now 217bhp (it says engine power on the graph this will prob be at the flywheel) with 317nm torque that cost me £425
but while i was there a jabbasport induction kit caught my eye so i had one it has a heatshield around it to stop hot air and its a dry filter so it doesn't harm the maf the car sounds and drives amazing it felt like a different car on the way home the turbo actually does something i would recommend doing this to anyone its not cheap but its guaranteed to put a smile on your face  :smiley: coming up next eibach roll bars and bigger turbo hopefully  :wink:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2006, 20:31 »
bigger brakes before the bigger turbo :grin:

kingturbo

« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2006, 05:56 »
i suppose that makes sense what would you recomend? would the 312mm off an anni be good enough? also i saw in another post you put that the ko3s needs a small mod to fit what is it and is it easy to do?

Offline HandsyBoy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2006, 11:44 »
does the new valve make a sissing noise when you gear change?
Dan
Life is racing, anything else is waiting...
http://www.camper-conversions.co.uk

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2006, 13:37 »
i suppose that makes sense what would you recomend? would the 312mm off an anni be good enough? also i saw in another post you put that the ko3s needs a small mod to fit what is it and is it easy to do?

Do they fit under 16's, too? :wink:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline >>Mart<<

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2006, 18:26 »
does the new valve make a sissing noise when you gear change?
Dan

its hardly noticable really but you can still hear it
i did not want a noisy one really and when you get a recirc valve it keeps the maf sensor happy  :grin:

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2006, 11:54 »
rich king... did u mean the car felt different because of the jabba induction kit or the remap?

without the remap do you recon the induction kit is good, as i always thought it was best to have a sealed one like the piper x viper etc..?

kingturbo

« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2006, 15:37 »
it is sealed sort of there is a heatshield on it that pushes into the bonnet lining when its shut so no hot air can get in Ive noticed when I'm in traffic my mpg used to go down very quickly with all the heat under the bonnet but not anymore it stays where it is for longer now
i couldn't say if it made much difference on its own the remap would have made most of it its still a quality bit of kit though i think theres a couple on ebay for seat Leon's email jabbasport to see if they will fit a golf i think one was £75 buy it now

Offline HandsyBoy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2006, 16:03 »
heres mine
Life is racing, anything else is waiting...
http://www.camper-conversions.co.uk