Author Topic: question regarding sealing and repainting, anyone with exp  (Read 2856 times)

NewGolf

Re: question regarding sealing and repainting, anyone with exp
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2008, 07:39 »
bang on monza, exactly what i mean re after rubbing down etc, i have had enough cars fully repainted to know certain products are a real pain to fully remove

as for fairy, i heard it contains a form of bleach??? could be wrong but notr what you want on your paint

Not correct. Oh and for it damaging your paint, my elderly neighbours still clean thier Pug every week using fairy, and have done for years. I even gave them some shampoo for free, (they tried it once, and said it didnt make enough bubbles?  :laugh:)

Its fairied, then turtle waxed ( :sick:), but to be fair, it still looks fairly good for a ten year old car. Go figure?  :wink:

Makes me cringe everytime I see a bucket full of bubbles in their drive... :sad:.

They think I'm nuts when I crank up the Gilmour Foamaster on full foam, with Megs Hyper wash.  :grin:

kells

« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2008, 08:35 »
hahah cant teach a old dog new tricks i guess :)

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2008, 21:10 »
bang on monza, exactly what i mean re after rubbing down etc, i have had enough cars fully repainted to know certain products are a real pain to fully remove

as for fairy, i heard it contains a form of bleach??? could be wrong but notr what you want on your paint

Not correct. Oh and for it damaging your paint, my elderly neighbours still clean thier Pug every week using fairy, and have done for years. I even gave them some shampoo for free, (they tried it once, and said it didnt make enough bubbles?  :laugh:)

Its fairied, then turtle waxed ( :sick:), but to be fair, it still looks fairly good for a ten year old car. Go figure?  :wink:

Makes me cringe everytime I see a bucket full of bubbles in their drive... :sad:.

They think I'm nuts when I crank up the Gilmour Foamaster on full foam, with Megs Hyper wash.  :grin:

Doen't mean that it don't damage your paint tbh. A guy near me cuts his trees down with a V8 chainsaw but his legs haven't been chopped off yet so it's alright!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08