Author Topic: question regarding sealing and repainting, anyone with exp  (Read 2837 times)

kells

right, i use a product called Jetseal on my cars

i aint sure if many people on here do, or if they will know the answer to my question but does anyone know if this stuff is a problem if you want to have any paint work done?

im thinking of having my front bumper resprayed at somepoint in the future u see....

NewGolf

Re: question regarding sealing and repainting, anyone with exp
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2008, 18:04 »
Your bodyshop will use a panel wipe liquid or IPA wipedown before they spray any panels.

kells

« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2008, 18:11 »
Your bodyshop will use a panel wipe liquid or IPA wipedown before they spray any panels.

yeah i was wondering would that be strong enough to remove the jetseal?

i havnt had chance to call my bodyshop, im guessing they will know what to do (they are registered repairers for mercedes, lexus and porsche for leeds)

NewGolf

« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2008, 19:29 »

yeah i was wondering would that be strong enough to remove the jetseal?

i havnt had chance to call my bodyshop, im guessing they will know what to do (they are registered repairers for mercedes, lexus and porsche for leeds)

Absolutely! Even Fairy Liquid would remove it.

kells

« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2008, 20:58 »
cool, although would ner put fairy washing up liquid on my car, kills your paint that stuff :laugh:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2008, 00:04 »
on top of whats been said they will rub it down aswell.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

kells

« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2008, 10:11 »
yeah im quite exp with re paints, had a few bigggies done over the years just wasnt sure how perminant the jetseal stuff is??  im always funny about silicolns on the car as it can play hell, even after you rub down..

NewGolf

« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2008, 18:25 »
cool, although would ner put fairy washing up liquid on my car, kills your paint that stuff :laugh:

Fairy wont damage your paint, it just strips wax off the panel. It contains salt so I believe it may help start corrosion on bare metal. Useful as a de waxxer is you dont have anything else available. Always wash off with plenty of water after use.

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2008, 22:10 »
Fairy will damage your paint over time as it is a strong degreaser, same as Traffic Film Remover will damage your paint. It will also rot your rubber seals, turn your plastic trim grey/brown and dull single stage paints, but on the plus side you're hands will be soft as your face apparently :laugh:
Jetseal should be ok iirc as they are bodyshop safe and contain no silicone, silicones are evil and will give you fisheyes if not completely removed. Best to let the bodyshop know anyway though :) same with any treatments on the paint, some can be funny with paint and will remain even after flatting down :)
« Last Edit: 10 September 2008, 22:59 by monzablue16v »

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

kells

« Reply #9 on: 10 September 2008, 22:23 »
bang on monza, exactly what i mean re after rubbing down etc, i have had enough cars fully repainted to know certain products are a real pain to fully remove

as for fairy, i heard it contains a form of bleach??? could be wrong but notr what you want on your paint