Author Topic: catch the pigeon  (Read 5574 times)

NewGolf

Re: catch the pigeon
« Reply #20 on: 28 August 2008, 17:32 »
i'd say 'no' to keeping fluids in the glove compartment

• in the 'summer' the bottles might get hot and go pop under pressure
  • the seal on the bottles might not be any good, especially on megs bottles, and it would all just leak out[/b]

No Offence intended here Guy, but thats POPPYCOCK!  :wink:

I've had a half full Megs QD Spray in my glovebox with 2 MF cloths for about the last 2 years. Including leaving the car in the Southern French summer heat! If you press the sides of the spray bottle, you can tell instantly if it will leak or not. Its not fizzy and doesn't give any fumes off. Even in the scorching heat the spray didnt expand, (I used it to clean the windsreen as I ran out of washer spray)

Even if it did leak with the bottle lying down half empty, it would be a gas not a liquid, sit the MF clothes under the lid. I'd rather have QD in my glovebox than poop on my paint !!!  :wink:

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2008, 00:40 »
I'd invest in a decent air rifle too!

Agreed - those birds must be on the Guinness and Vindaloo diet :shocked:

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2008, 10:26 »
i'd say 'no' to keeping fluids in the glove compartment

• in the 'summer' the bottles might get hot and go pop under pressure
  • the seal on the bottles might not be any good, especially on megs bottles, and it would all just leak out[/b]

No Offence intended here Guy, but thats POPPYCOCK!  :wink:

I've had a half full Megs QD Spray in my glovebox with 2 MF cloths for about the last 2 years. Including leaving the car in the Southern French summer heat! If you press the sides of the spray bottle, you can tell instantly if it will leak or not. Its not fizzy and doesn't give any fumes off. Even in the scorching heat the spray didnt expand, (I used it to clean the windsreen as I ran out of washer spray)

Even if it did leak with the bottle lying down half empty, it would be a gas not a liquid, sit the MF clothes under the lid. I'd rather have QD in my glovebox than poop on my paint !!!  :wink:

No Offence intended here NewGolf... but no it isn't.

I said fluids... not just QD. I had a bottle of something or rather in a glove compartment once... it was a particularly hot day and when I came back to the car I had one wet mess and a ruined log book where the bottle had expanded under pressure.

bottles of QD are not always half empty are they... and what if the seal leaked and the bottle had moved during transit and the air was at the other end? before you say that the seal leaking is 'POPPYCOCK' i have had this happen on a bottle of QD, not in a glove compartment but in my boot and it went everywhere.

but you go right ahead and store your QD in there... I will keep mine upright, in a tuffbox, in the boot thanks.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 September 2008, 11:56 »
That happened to me on my Focus. Worse thing is if a bird sh!ts on it and its a boiling hot day bakes into the paint. Had to have mine resprayed. All pigeons should be shot  :angry:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!