Author Topic: Sonus Polishes - Are they any good?  (Read 9823 times)

NewGolf

Re: Sonus Polishes - Are they any good?
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2008, 07:15 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

More detailing stuff due to be delivered soon, so photos will follow.  :smiley:

Oh plus I took the wheels off again to paint the brake disks, cleaned them with a wet MF cloth, the dirt came off sooo easy, that Poorboys wheel cleaner is a good product.

I also have the Zaino Z2, Z6 and Z8, I recently did my old daily driver, a 7 year old Golf 1.4, what a difference! The bodywork feels really smooth and the paint looks wet. It really is good stuff. I havent tried the ZXF or Z2 yet, will give it a go this weekend weather permitting.

Yep fingers crossed on the weather.

What's your wax of choice at the moment NewGolf?

I'm using Zymol Carbon at the moment, its hard work to use but lasts quite well and smells and looks great. I also have some Zaino ZFX, Z2, Z6 and Z8 and have given it a go on my old Golf, really does look good :wink: 182_Blue recommended it, and he knows his stuff.

Zymol products are very good, but expensive. TC had his car detailed usimg Zymol, you can see how good a result he had, but it costs! If you do get some Zymol, it makes sense to buy a starter kit, just over £100 and you pick which colour car you have. Carbons for dark coloured cars.

I get mine from Monzacarcare, great service.  :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 16 August 2008, 20:58 »
Well, finally got a bit of time today to try out my recent purchases.

First the before: -

And now the after result: -

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 16 August 2008, 21:29 »
  im impressed lokking good SteveP  I see some rust on those disc's though tut tut  :wink:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 16 August 2008, 21:33 »
  im impressed lokking good SteveP  I see some rust on those disc's though tut tut  :wink:

Cheers TC.

The Zaino stuff works really well and smells nice too  :smiley:

I know I should have moved it first to clean-up the disc's but cold beer was calling.  :tongue:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 16 August 2008, 21:35 »

Cheers TC.

I know I should have moved it first to clean-up the disc's but cold beer was calling.  :tongue:

Cold beer was calling sorry i'm new to this detailing lark is that for the wheels or the paint work  :smug:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 16 August 2008, 21:37 »

Cheers TC.

Cold beer was calling sorry i'm new to this detailing lark is that for the wheels or the paint work  :smug:

LOL, on form as always TC  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NewGolf

« Reply #36 on: 17 August 2008, 09:53 »
LMAO  :grin:

TC's on top form today!  :wink:

Offline ericgtisuffolk

• Just got here
« Reply #37 on: 27 August 2008, 18:26 »
Sonus is great,but so are all the others when used in the proper fashion.

Been considering investing in a PC, seen the kit on autopia that including the sonus polishes and pads, I have read good things on the pads but not sure on the polishes, are these worth the money?

Also there is a guy selling the PC inc transformer and adapter cable for £180 delivered, it this a reasonable deal?

Finally, other than a set of the 4" Sonus spot pads is there anything else you guys would recommend as part of a starter kit?