Author Topic: water temp??  (Read 1213 times)

Offline vicky

• GTI forum regular
water temp??
« on: 02 September 2008, 20:21 »
Hey, i had my water pump changed about 5 months ago and when i first got it back the temp warning light came on every time i started the car up.  Took it back to vw and the guy said the wtaer just needed toppin up which i did.  I has been fine since but this morning it has done it again.  It was a cold mornin this mornin and in was wonderin if the temp warning light comes on if the water goes below a certain temp, i dont think the water needs toppin up because it on the max mark when cold.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: water temp??
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2008, 21:18 »
Hey, i had my water pump changed about 5 months ago and when i first got it back the temp warning light came on every time i started the car up.  Took it back to vw and the guy said the wtaer just needed toppin up which i did.  I has been fine since but this morning it has done it again.  It was a cold mornin this mornin and in was wonderin if the temp warning light comes on if the water goes below a certain temp, i dont think the water needs toppin up because it on the max mark when cold.
Any advice would be appreciated.

You will find the header tank sensor has gone. You have to buy a new tank. About £15 from dealers.

Or cheaper from here www.vagparts.co.uk  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.