Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 633218 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2900 on: 30 July 2017, 17:55 »
I might do that Snoopy. Will find some time to go through tools and parts required etc.

There is a difference yeah, car now idles much nicer, is smoother on acceleration and no more check engine light 👍

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2901 on: 25 August 2017, 20:24 »
Car got some new shoes today. Have run Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric for the last 70k, and been very happy. However the reviews of Michelin's Pilot Sport 4 have been hard to ignore so this is what it's wearing now! Will see how they are after a few more miles!

Car definitely needs a clean!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2902 on: 25 August 2017, 20:46 »
did you get all 4 done ? am in need of a full set of tyres for my gti got the dunlop sport maxx rt on atm! let me know what they are like !

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2903 on: 25 August 2017, 21:41 »
did you get all 4 done ? am in need of a full set of tyres for my gti got the dunlop sport maxx rt on atm! let me know what they are like !

Yeah all four, I like to rotate tyres front to back in order to get even wear and replace all of them at the same time. How have you found the the Dunlops?

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2904 on: 26 August 2017, 13:08 »
Dunlops are great in the dry but forget trying to get the power down in the wet spins even in third :(

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2905 on: 26 August 2017, 13:15 »
Hows the noise levels with the pilot4?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2906 on: 27 August 2017, 17:23 »
Hows the noise levels with the pilot4?

Noise levels are absolutely fine for me, to be honest I can't tell the difference noise wise between these and the Goodyears. Not driven them in the wet yet but after a few more dry miles I am impressed with them. Steering response is very much improved from the Goodyear, which I expected to be honest from knowing that the Goodyears run a softer sidewall. However the Michelins are more than a match in terms of comfort too. Difficult to compare grip levels obviously, going from a worn tyre to a brand new one, but the PS4s have a huge amount of cornering grip. Very strong and stable under hard braking too. Not tested their initial grip off the line yet but am sure they will impress.

Next thing to test is obviously wet weather performance. The Goodyears are a great tyre and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or buy them again. They are great value, however, if funds allow, I think the PS4 is a small step up in every area so far.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2907 on: 27 August 2017, 19:10 »
Thank for the detailed review  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #2908 on: 08 September 2017, 15:37 »
Decided to sell, best car I have owned but personal circumstances means a change is required.

See classifieds, will be advertised elsewhere in a week so get first option before it goes nationwide.

Would prefer it went to a members home.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #2909 on: 08 September 2017, 17:54 »
Changed the original Potenza RE050A tyres for GY-AS3

A dramatic reduction in noise and it feels like air suspension has been installed
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black