Author Topic: REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5  (Read 4193 times)

Offline neiln20

• Just got here
REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5
« on: 03 April 2018, 16:57 »
Hi Guys,

ive been reading the posts relating to tyres on here and would like some advice specifically on the golf gti mk 7.5 which I cant see anyone having already posted.

I have the original Bridgestone's and have covered about 4000 miles since new. The grip on them is shocking, I wanted to see if wearing the tyres in would improve this but it has not. I find the wheels spinning even just pulling away when the road is damp. Cornering and breaking grip however seem fine. I would like to replace the 2 front tyres and was wondering if any other mk 7.5 owners have experienced the same and if so what they have replaced the Bridgestone's with?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: REPLACEMENT tyres for Golf gti 7.5
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2018, 17:23 »
Pilot super sports are what you need  :smiley: replace all 4 though

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2018, 19:12 »
This has been discussed the n'th degree on the Mk7 forum, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 seems to be the tyre of choice for many.

However before you go rushing off to bin your Bridgestone's, you should begin to notice an improvement as the weather becomes milder. They need a bit of heat in them to get the best out of them,  they're not well suited to the British winters. In my opinion, in the summer months they're fine.
7.5 GTD

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2018, 11:17 »
I'd recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. If you can, I'd replace all four as barrym381 has said.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2018, 17:20 »
I must be the only one who doesn't mind the Bridgestone's. I wouldn't buy them again but I have no complaints, seem good in the wet.

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2018, 21:34 »
I have Bridgestones on my GTi and I don’t find them that bad at all

A bit noisey maybe but not too bad!
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2018, 23:16 »
This has been discussed the n'th degree on the Mk7 forum, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 seems to be the tyre of choice for many.

However before you go rushing off to bin your Bridgestone's, you should begin to notice an improvement as the weather becomes milder. They need a bit of heat in them to get the best out of them,  they're not well suited to the British winters. In my opinion, in the summer months they're fine.
Totally agree.On my GTD they were fine outside of Winter.Especially trying to put down the power in the damp/wet-they just lit up the traction control light all the time.After punctures/wear i now have 4 MPS4's on.Fantastic,especially in the wet.Not as sticky as MPSS but a better all rounder i think.Good deals on Blackcircles,especially if buying 4.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2018, 10:57 »
Ive just ordered some Goodyear effcientgrip Performance tyres, they just seemed to tick all the boxes, re, noise, rolling resistance, comfort, but I'll let you know what I think when they're on.

I do find the Bridgestones noisy, its the first thing I noticed when I first drove my Golf..
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2018, 11:06 »
I don’t mind the Bridgstones either.They need temperature to do well, more suited to hotter continental climate.
I ran winters on my GTD in cold winter months so this hasn’t beem an issue for me.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 June 2018, 11:27 »
I have tried som tire on my 7,5 GTI..  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :grin:

https://youtu.be/6YJJ4xeb7mQ

And i vote for Sportcontact 6! or the 4S..  :wink:

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/