Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 300000 times)

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
MK7 GTI Facelift
« on: 01 March 2015, 19:47 »
Hi all

I placed my order last week for my GTI and was told by my dealer it would be around the 16 week mark. Having spent far too many hours on forums the last few days some people have mentioned the MK7 may be getting a facelift around May time. If this is true does anyone know what may be included and if it's worth pushing my order back?

Cheers

Ben
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2015, 20:31 »
It's unlikey that it'll get any kind of facelift, however around may each year the get model year updates which sometimes include equipment that was previously optional as standard or even little changes like a different image on one of the buttons.

Example:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260803.0
« Last Edit: 01 March 2015, 20:33 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2015, 23:02 »
Agreed. There's not going to be a refresh this early in the GTI's life, just detail changes from year to year until a major facelit in a few years when the next generation MQB changes come in, more so with the ever evolving electronics and if VW decide to have a new 'family face' front end.
As all the newly released models are sharing the current Golf face that's unlikely for a while.

LED headlamps might start to creep into the range soon, new (evolved) media systems are creeping in too and possibly an Edition 40 late next year (assuming the R400 doesn't get released instead of it rather than as well as).

I think VW introduced the R Line to the UK as a bit of a range refresh alongside the Match so major changes aren't imminent anywhere in the Golf lineup
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2015, 08:06 »
I would imagine it will be at least another two years before there's any major facelift

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2015, 09:30 »
The Golf never really gets facelifts. Minor tweaks and trim revisons, yes, but they don't graft on whole new front ends like you'd often see Ford doing with the focus for example.

That said, many would argue that the MK6 was a facelifted MK5!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2015, 09:36 »
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I'm this will be my first Golf. I think il just try to get it asap and not worry about any minor updates.
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2015, 09:53 »
I would echo all of what has been said earlier Ben. Its one of the good things about the Golf that the external appearance is not messed with during the life of any particular variant and even a new variant the change is generally a subtle development rather than a change in styling direction....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2015, 11:50 »
The only external change on the Mk6 was the addition of rear LED lights. Up until that point the GTI/D had the same rear as the vanilla spec Golf.
So its not like they would do that kind of change on the Mk7 as it already has different lights to set it apart.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2015, 11:59 »
 Mk7 facelift,  I hope bloody not.Urinate on my chips why don't you.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2015, 17:21 »
I can't remember a Golf ever getting a face lift. Minor spec revisions yes, but no significant external changes.
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG